Brake proportioning valve Q??

vette427sbc

Im putting together a C5 brake system for my fathers '55 chevy and the last piece is the master cylinder and proportioning valve/distribution block.
What is required with 4 wheel disc brakes?
I was admiring BBShark's C5 master and wilwood valve and Im wondering if that valve is all that is needed (since it has 3 outputs). That definitely looks like its the cleanest way to do it.

Current setup is front disc, rear drum and a proportioning valve right off the master if that makes a difference.

If anyone is interested... The front brakes are going to be a custom fabbed kit on an Earle Williams 3" drop spindle. Rears are going on a Moser C clip eliminator 12 bolt. The plan is to have a 5.5" - 6" rocker height with no airbags. It will be dropped over 5" from stock height :devil:

The Wilwood adjustable valve should replace the proportioning valve. You are going to use the C5 master correct?

Have you considered a mid 80's S10 master? It it's aluminum with a 1/2 & 9/16 ports. It's also a stepped bore design. I have seen them installed on 60's A-bodies.

We went ahead and ordered the C5 master and wilwood valve... The project is coming along now. Ive got some time tomorrow to get on a friends bridgeport to finish up the front brackets. The rear also showed up and is ready for the F-body brakes. Heres a few pics:

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1298.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

DSCF1300.jpg

:drink:

Finished up the brackets- The whole setup is ready to be put in... We got the master cylinder from Rock Auto the other day, and cant find anywhere to get the 12x1.5mm to 1/4" adapter (tried the part numbers from BBSharks thread) Might just have to order it online.
c-5bracket1.jpg
c-5set-up5.jpg
c-5set-up6.jpg
c-5set-up4.jpg

Last edited:
They are hosted over on the tri-five forum... I guess you need to be a member to see them? Ill upload them onto my photobucket and try again

Long day today... Put the new rear in, and started installing the front brake/ spindle assembly.
c5-8.jpg

c5-9.jpg

C5 brakes fill the wheels nicely :bounce:
c5-5.jpg

c5-6.jpg

Heres the new stance with the 3" drop spindles and 2" drop springs. The main point of this conversion was to get the track width a bit narrower to avoid rubbing issues so we could get it this low. All of the aftermarket disc brake kits move the wheels out. Our setup pulls them in.
c5-2.jpg