block crack stitching ( metalocking ) ?

We have the http://locknstitch.com/ repair kit and have repaired many cracked blocks over the years and there is a guy in MASS by the name of Frank Casey who is an artist when it comes to repairing cranks and I have seen some of his work.

Hi

I thought about it again and the risk is too big.
The stitching company could not give me a warranty that it is repairable and on the end, this block will cost me 2500 USD repaired if it works out.
If I am unlucky, it needs to be decked afterwards which adds cost to it for a non numbers matching car !!

If this was my numbers matching block, I would not hesitate and try to get it repaired, but like this.....

I want a correctly dated 321 block, but will have to wait for a better one.

Thanks fpor all thoughts , you did bring me off this idea.

Günther

Hi

Update.
As I said, I dropped the idea of buying this damaged block and getting it repaired.
Nevertheless,I would have been very interested to see the repair result.:(

Anyway, I found a much better deal and have purchased a correctly dated 321 standart bore block freshly honed with new guts, GM NOS steel crank, TRW forget domed pistons and 7/19 rods, all balanced.

The price is OK and on the end not more expensive as the cracked block would run to including the new guts.

Thanks again for all your support and bringing me off this repair idea.

Do you think that the present block I drive can be sold ?
It is a original 1968 Camaro 396 ci 375 HP BB bored to 427 ci, bored about 10.000 Miles ago with new guts.
Or shall I just keep it installed and drive the living shit out of it ?:D

Rgds. Günther

Hi

Update.
As I said, I dropped the idea of buying this damaged block and getting it repaired.
Nevertheless,I would have been very interested to see the repair result.:(

Anyway, I found a much better deal and have purchased a correctly dated 321 standart bore block freshly honed with new guts, GM NOS steel crank, TRW forget domed pistons and 7/19 rods, all balanced.

The price is OK and on the end not more expensive as the cracked block would run to including the new guts.

Thanks again for all your support and bringing me off this repair idea.

Do you think that the present block I drive can be sold ?
It is a original 1968 Camaro 396 ci 375 HP BB bored to 427 ci, bored about 10.000 Miles ago with new guts.
Or shall I just keep it installed and drive the living shit out of it ?:D

Rgds. Günther

Interesting. I know you could bore 65-66 and early 67 BB to 4.25 but NOT 68 blocks. Do you have a true 68 block?