Barn Find Harley

about a month ago.

Every time I looked at it I saw more cobbled up, fucked up stuff. Stripped or crossthreaded nuts & bolts & parts, JB weld & silicone sealer & baling wire, virtually every piece on the bike was rusted busted bent wasted corroded & editededitededitededitededitededited-rigged. (It brought me almost to tears on more than one occasion, thinking 'How could somebody do this to an innocent machine?') It would have cost twice as much to make it run as would be to just buy a running bike. Plus, it has no title & a mismatched frame.
It's just a collection of mostly fucked up parts, many now unusable.
Fuck it.
It was too depressing to keep walking around it in my shop, teasing me--especially since I'm in a mode of getting rid of possesions & crap, removing clutter, simplifying my life right now. I got other more important stuff to be concentrating on at this time.
So I sold it to a local guy who builds old bikes. One of those guys to whom 'late model' means 12 volt electrics. Got $1500 for it: a fair price after coming to see what condition it truly was in. Gave $500 of it to my favorite charity the next day.

It's gone. I miss it, but I feel more relief than regret.

John

John, your note about dumping shit off these daze, strikes home with me, as I"m slowly doing the same thing, for instance, I just sold my old work van/truck to my stepson, at least he has use of it, I just don't have 'it' anymore for remodeling houses, and I been selling off shit here over the last few years, I need drop the price on the stereo system, as it's not moving...
spent more than a few minits looking for a old carb/aircleaner wing nut....going through drawers of shit I have accumulated for over 50 years....
and of course not finding one....
:drink::drink::gurney: