Ball Joints WTF

That's what I do next time, big2bird. I was counting on installing the front suspension tomorrow, but that will be next week I hope.

Don't feel like the long stranger there man, I remember some maybe 4 years ago having to change some 'lifetime warranty' lower ball joints...from Auto Zone sold under McQuay Norris brand...whoever they are....at any rate they exchange the BJ's no sweat....I get home and they do NOT FIT the control arm, not at ALL....I take them back, get a refund of the purchase price from 3-4 years earlier, and go to NAPA and buy good ones....

got NO clue where these NAPA joints actually came from, BUT they looked SO much finer made than the AutoZone junk....like someone actually gave a shit when assembling/packing them....

:clobbered:

If you buy the premium chassis line parts from NAPA (NCP) they are manufactured by DANA. If you buy the economy line (MRC) you get whatever is in the box.

Rich:thumbs:

Cuddo's to Rock auto

They made an error, and fixed it promptly.

Noticed on Friday, informed them on Saturday, they shipped on Monday and I received it Wednesday in the morning :nuts:. Now that is what you call service!!! And that with halve a globe between us.

And now it is the right part!!

It always is that fast, however they most likely labeled the box replacements for incorrect parts. The reason your other boxes take 2-3 weeks is those lazy sons of biotches @ customs.

Interesting. On the other forum, you know the one that breaks my stones, there is a vendor, one I like BTW, that is selling "Moog" joints in kit form for a lot less money. Now those appear to be the same as you got and not the high hats. I called MOOG about this last month, they said they only make one ball joint under that number for corvette and it is the high hat. They do sell imported joints but the quality one is the high hat. Many are buying these cheaper ones and not thinking twice about it because the box says Moog. too bad they're not getting what they think they're paying for. I can't believe they're sold blindly either. I think the message is getting across now though because some vendors, ones I don't like, are offering their customers the option of buying MOOG at their higher cost of course.
Glad you got the correct joints.
McQauy/Norris was a USA brand sold in kit form, but I don't know if they are still USA anymore nor do I know the quality of the parts these days.
NAPA sells imported joints, I went through that with them last year when I tried to get a group deal for guys on MOOG. NAPA told me their joints were reboxed USA MOOG. Well I was ready to buy 30 sets and looked at the box and they were all imported junk. The counter was either an idiot or liar, maybe an idiot liar! I left the parts on the counter, with his open mouth when I showed him a USA MOOG joint in hand.

Gary, 15 years ago and some 100k? miles, I replaced the uppers with what was supposed to be Moog/Dana? ball joints, they the LO hat ones, and still in there snug/tight..need U/In bushings though...so they maybe have to go for the grease boot....oh well....MY last go round was with the lowers ONLY, and the guy at NAPA, said they were Dana? some big American house OR Moog....but they were in NAPA boxes...which did say USA on them, but who knows??

anyway, they in the car now....I dread the day I have to change any more suspension parts, still not done the bushings, as I just don't wanna bother...

:shocking::flash:

Gene
I agree not so many years ago we didn't have to look at labels as we still made quality parts here. Over the past 8-10 years it's a crap shoot with most of this stuff. In the case of the NAPA store here they had no USA suspension parts nor did they even know whose parts they were selling other then NAPA boxed. Pretty sad, when I was a counter guy we never stocked anthing but MOOG, TRW, Delco,Standard,and Echlins. All USA at the time.
Lets face it, we're going the route of trolley car mechanics- Obsolete.

Gary, that is not the ONLY depressing shit going on.....

getting hard to find decent toilet paper anymore....AND I"m not even touching anything POLITICAL.....:hi:

:crutches::crutches:

Personally I don't mind that Moog has two different models, but they have to make sure the customer is getting that he is paying for. Give it an alternative part number.

My Vette is again on all 4's :yahoo::yahoo: has been a while (4 months or so). Every thing bolted up nicely with the new 550 spring. I made some pictures but they are too dark. I was relieved that I could clean my workshop again. I had Paul sr (OCC) in my head jelling at me for the mess I made ;-). I had to fiddle with the front coil to get it centered evenly in the top hole. And because the engine is out I had to have a friend sit on the front cross member. I couldn't line up the front stabilizer bar holes and the lower arm holes, is there a trick to it?

All in all it was a very good day, Saturday, couple of those and I'm driving soon. Well may be.

I feel sorry for you overseas guys with any American badge car, HUGE hassles getting a freeking bolt even.....:crap::sos:

My vette was down for 6 months, and I went nearly nutz on the thing....car completely gutted....

all sorts of major work going on at once....only one part was a PIA to get....and that was to find the correct rack for the rack/pinion install on steering.....01-02 winter, before any kits were out....

Last edited: