Bailout passes.....

SMYDA got it right----- except for one little detail- the math is wrong--- it really works out to $425.00 for each person. Way less than Odummy's $1000 "vote Buy".

Thank you Tim. This plan will cost each tax payer $650.00. If we gave it to ourselves, it would just be paid right back in taxes. ;)IF it works, not too bad. BUT, I feel a very bad signal being sent here. "Don't worry, if you fail,...":withstupid:

Return to my Mathematics pages
Go to my home page
Million, Billion, Trillion...

© Copyright 1999, Jim Loy

People sometimes ask me the names of the large numbers. Here is a table. The system used in the U.S. is not as logical as that used in other countries (like Great Britain, France, and Germany). In these other countries, a billion (bi meaning two) has twice as many zeros as a million, and a trillion (tri meaning three) has three times as many zeros as a million, etc. But the scientific community seems to use the American system.
Number of zeros U.S. & scientific community Other countries
3 thousand thousand
6 million million
9 billion 1000 million (1 milliard)
12 trillion billion
15 quadrillion 1000 billion
18 quintillion trillion
21 sextillion 1000 trillion
24 septillion quadrillion
27 octillion 1000 quadrillion
30 nonillion quintillion
33 decillion 1000 quintillion
36 undecillion sextillion
39 duodecillion 1000 sextillion
42 tredecillion septillion
45 quattuordecillion 1000 septillion
48 quindecillion octillion
51 sexdecillion 1000 octillion
54 septendecillion nonillion
57 octodecillion 1000 nonillion
60 novemdecillion decillion
63 vigintillion 1000 decillion
66 - 120 undecillion - vigintillion
303 centillion
600 centillion

See Scientific Notation.

Addendum:

There are other big numbers with names. A zillion has come to mean an arbitrary or unknown large number. A googol is 10^100. A googolplex is 10^googol (10^10^10^2). This number is too large to write here without exponents. Skewes' number (gesundheit) is 10^10^10^34 was used as an upper bound in a mathematical proof. Recently 10^10^10^10^10^7 was used in a proof.

The googolplex has given rise to the n-plex notation: n-plex is 10^n. n-minex is 10^-n. Donald Knuth invented arrow notation, where m^n (^ is an up arrow) is the regular m^n. m^^n is m^m^m^m...^m, with n up arrows. m^^^n is m^^m^^m...^^m, with n ^^s. According to The Book of Numbers by J.H.Conway and R.K.Guy, chained arrow notation is the following enhancement: a^^^^^b is written as a>b>5, where > is a right arrow.

Return to my Mathematics pages
Go to my home page

Here is one of the biggest losers in congress:

Lawmaker Accused of Fannie Mae Conflict of Interest

Friday, October 03, 2008

By Bill Sammon

WASHINGTON — Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank's efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank's partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency's push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie's assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.

Both Frank and Moses assured the Wall Street Journal in 1992 that they took pains to avoid any conflicts of interest. Critics, however, remain skeptical.

"It's absolutely a conflict," said Dan Gainor, vice president of the Business & Media Institute. "He was voting on Fannie Mae at a time when he was involved with a Fannie Mae executive. How is that not germane?

"If this had been his ex-wife and he was Republican, I would bet every penny I have - or at least what's not in the stock market - that this would be considered germane," added Gainor, a T. Boone Pickens Fellow. "But everybody wants to avoid it because he's gay. It's the quintessential double standard."

A top GOP House aide agreed.

"C'mon, he writes housing and banking laws and his boyfriend is a top exec at a firm that stands to gain from those laws?" the aide told FOX News. "No media ever takes note? Imagine what would happen if Frank's political affiliation was R instead of D? Imagine what the media would say if [GOP former] Chairman [Mike] Oxley's wife or [GOP presidential nominee John] McCain's wife was a top exec at Fannie for a decade while they wrote the nation's housing and banking laws."

Frank's office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Frank met Moses in 1987, the same year he became the first openly gay member of Congress.

"I am the only member of the congressional gay spouse caucus," Moses wrote in the Washington Post in 1991. "On Capitol Hill, Barney always introduces me as his lover."

The two lived together in a Washington home until they broke up in 1998, a few months after Moses ended his seven-year tenure at Fannie Mae, where he was the assistant director of product initiatives. According to National Mortgage News, Moses "helped develop many of Fannie Mae's affordable housing and home improvement lending programs."

Critics say such programs led to the mortgage meltdown that prompted last month's government takeover of Fannie Mae and its financial cousin, Freddie Mac. The giant firms are blamed for spreading bad mortgages throughout the private financial sector.

Although Frank now blames Republicans for the failure of Fannie and Freddie, he spent years blocking GOP lawmakers from imposing tougher regulations on the mortgage giants. In 1991, the year Moses was hired by Fannie, the Boston Globe reported that Frank pushed the agency to loosen regulations on mortgages for two- and three-family homes, even though they were defaulting at twice and five times the rate of single homes, respectively.

Three years later, President Clinton's Department of Housing and Urban Development tried to impose a new regulation on Fannie, but was thwarted by Frank. Clinton now blames such Democrats for planting the seeds of today's economic crisis.

"I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was president, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac," Clinton said recently.

Bill Sammon is FOX News' Washington Deputy Managing Editor.

AND when O'Reilly went after Frank in person the other night, it was funny to watch, Bawney tried to lie his way out by engaging in some subterfuge about him not being in CHARGE of the committee when he was powerful enough to block any reforms from the 'minority' position he DID have.....and all it did was PISS OFF Bill......thought he was going to blow a blood vessel right there in the set....hospital.....

amazing how well a politician can lie and double speak even when pinned down....

any BETS on Bawney being reelected?? bet he is, EASY....liberals never fess up, and rely on spin and flat out :bullshit: to survive....

:hunter:

Just A Note: I didn't write the above post .... just copied and pasted it ... :wink:

Here is something else you may find of interest ....... Just an email from several sites I keep tabs on.

As for our economy ....... the future does not look bright. :suicide:

Smyda,

Well now... the bailout bill has passed as the
banksters wanted (but not as we wanted), fear and
corruption ruled today. What have they done? Only
prolonged Judgment Day.

Thank you to everyone who called and pressured their
congressman, we won the first round but they got us
on the second.

Buckle up, Smyda, it's time to get ready for
hyperinflation... the problem is not fixed. This bail
out is only a band-aid on a bullet wound, the system
will continue to hemorrhage, there will be more bail
outs...

Have you heard of the Weimar Republic?

During 1921-1923 the German Weimar Republic experienced
a period of hyperinflation where it was cheaper to burn
German Marks than to purchase firewood!

John Maynard Keynes described the Weimar Republic
hyperinflation in The Economic Consequences of the
Peace: "The inflationism of the currency systems of
Europe has proceeded to extraordinary lengths. The
various belligerent Governments, unable, or too timid
or too short-sighted to secure from loans or taxes the
resources they required, have printed notes for the
balance."

You know how Germany solved their economic crisis?
They created a new currency called the Rentenmark!

How will we eventually solve our financial crisis?
We'll create a new currency called the Amero!

Please read Michael Lemieux's analysis of today's
events for more information:

Bailout - Devil is in the details
http://www.restoretherepublic.com/economy/bailout-devil-is-in-the-details

Remember, just because the bailout vote passed today
doesn't mean we have lost. Buck up soldier... we must
now fight harder!

Join the phone blockade taking place in Washington DC.

You can find more information on it at:
http://PhoneBlockade.org

Discuss the phone blockade with other RTR members at:
http://www.restoretherepublic.com/take-action/contact-congress/join-the-phone-bl
ockade

Yours in Freedom and Truth,

Gary Franchi
National Director
Restore the Republic

AND when O'Reilly went after Frank in person the other night, it was funny to watch, Bawney tried to lie his way out by engaging in some subterfuge about him not being in CHARGE of the committee when he was powerful enough to block any reforms from the 'minority' position he DID have.....and all it did was PISS OFF Bill......thought he was going to blow a blood vessel right there in the set....hospital.....

amazing how well a politician can lie and double speak even when pinned down....

any BETS on Bawney being reelected?? bet he is, EASY....liberals never fess up, and rely on spin and flat out :bullshit: to survive....

O'Reilly is not done yet. He has a list of all the crooked CEO's and congressmen. He said he will go after every one of them. I hope he does. We need more angry folks like him. Go Bill O.

O'Reilly is not done yet. He has a list of all the crooked CEO's and congressmen. He said he will go after every one of them. I hope he does. We need more angry folks like him. Go Bill O.

I LIKE MCCAIN's promise of naming names,and so forth, hope he actually get a chance to act on it.....

if not, we are totally fucked over for a very long time....another round of Jimma Kaata.....

:crap::bomb::suicide: