Bad decision (Long Story)

It has been my daily driver for almost three years now, I just retired it from DD duties a couple of weeks ago when I bought my little beater Honda. :

28 years for me.

If you know what you are doing they are good daily driver cars.

so you think i know what i'm doing?

Well, it would be kinda hard for me to have a DD 'vette for two years longer than I've been alive.

Of course you know what you are doing, I was just mentioning that you aren't the only one who actually drives yours and as long as SOMEONE (meaning the owner of a C3) knows what they are doing it can be a very dependable daily driver...

...but with more than 165 HP.:pprrtt:

Hell, half the guys giving you advice to press on here have their cars on blocks and hardly anyone on this whole site puts any appreciable miles on their C3 besides me.

I resemble that remark. My Vette is NOT on blocks. ( I have a Kwiklift).
And since 1974 it's averaged 229 miles per year. I've put just over 500 miles on since Jan 1. And I appreciated every mile.:pprrtt::pprrtt::pprrtt:

Was some body refering to the one I have on Jack stands? Oh shame on YOU! Your just jealous because you don't own "TWO" (2ea) that one,two. And your mad because yours is braking down all the time. My 1977 DD gets anywhere between 10 and 45 miles a day, depending on if I have to go get parts for the 1976. I say, I say are you just jealous. Tim, He's jealous!

If you have it in your mind that you're going to get much practical use out of this car, that ain't gonna happen.

Hell, half the guys giving you advice to press on here have their cars on blocks and hardly anyone on this whole site puts any appreciable miles on their C3 besides me.

Its a shitload of work to keep these things going.

:bs: I beg to differ. I put mine on the road in July of 2007 and just rolled 13,000 miles on the way back from Eureka Springs last weekend. I even have a company truck with a gas card for work. My wife has her own car and refuses to drive the Vette. I look for a reason to get out in it.
Art

it's not the quantity, it's the quality!

to the OP, looks to me like you have a handful. i can relate. if the car is mechanically strong (your mention of rust does concern me) i'd say keep it. the cosmetic stuff is easy, if not expensive and time consuming. just remember it's a '78 so build it the way that makes you happy.

the body work looks to be the easiest part of this 78 vette, and that is something anyone can do if they will just be patient and know going into it that you may have to redo some of it. i'm new to vettes also, and i am loving every minute of it. i'm helping rolling thunder with his car, and my 70 is wrecked up, and i haven't had a chance to do anything to it but bring it home, build you car bro, it'll be worth it in the end. oh yes and take billions of pitcures, and do share with us. i'm goin to buy me a camera when i get paid this weekend.

sam :censored: riley

If you have it in your mind that you're going to get much practical use out of this car, that ain't gonna happen.

Its a shitload of work to keep these things going.

:bs: I beg to differ. I put mine on the road in July of 2007 and just rolled 13,000 miles on the way back from Eureka Springs last weekend. I even have a company truck with a gas card for work. My wife has her own car and refuses to drive the Vette. I look for a reason to get out in it.
Art

AJ77 is right, I have been daily driving my '72 vert for some 16 years now...

only had it on stands for 6 months for major mods in '01-02 winter....

I have about 16 some odd grand in it over the years.....

hell of a lot cheeper than any CAR payment, much less more FUN.....

blow the doors off about 98% of what's out there too.....as can most vettes....ones with a little TLC and tweeks anyway....
nothing unusual about the car hobby, they all have their little tweeks, and twists about any car....I think vettes are cheep compared to others of similar vintage....try getting a part for your old Mopar, or Poncho, or some other shit, its all AVAILABLE, but holy mommy of GOD....we vette folks bitch about the 'vette tax'....but I consider parts to be decently competitive in prices....

What is hidden behind censored number#3?

If you know both Bird and Turtle, you wouldn't have to ask that one!!:drink:

I know Bird a heck of a lot better than I do Turtle, but we have had some rather "spirited" discussions.

I might be able to help you with those seats. I have a pair of black acrylic wool seat slip covers (new). Make me an offer and they are yours!

100_2710.jpg
[/IMG]

100_2709.jpg
[/IMG]

:beer: