Any Advantages

But are you not the guy that was worried about your fiance giving you a difficult time before "BirdFest I"? Now that you gave her a taste, she's wanting a BB with sidepipes?? Or was that someone else?:waxer:

OH don't get me rong now, Linda has driven this vette pleanty of times, and with some of her kids in it too....one at a time....and so they know, when the go pedal is tapped, hang on to their asses....course they normally drive ~100 hp wanker mobiles....

:stirpot:

i just don't think a thin rubber belt can handle the stress of a valvetrain on a big engine, especially one with a lot of valve pressure and lift.

eventually its gonna slip.

It's the same type belt that Harley uses for the final drive on their bikes. and the top fuel cars use as a blower belt. Kevlar reinforced, gilmer type drive. It's not going to stretch, and unless the cam locks up and shears all the teeth off it should last. But then, remember the Chevette?? The belt was ok until it got oil soaked. It'd spit teeth faster than a prizefighter.

It's the same type belt that Harley uses for the final drive on their bikes. and the top fuel cars use as a blower belt. Kevlar reinforced, gilmer type drive. It's not going to stretch, and unless the cam locks up and shears all the teeth off it should last. But then, remember the Chevette?? The belt was ok until it got oil soaked. It'd spit teeth faster than a prizefighter.

a blower or drive doesn't care if you slip a tooth occasionally. You have to remember some of these racing components are only designed to last a few thousand miles.

We have all learned this the hard way.

Actually it's a HTD type belt, gilmer has square teeth, HTD has rounded ones that have less friction. HTD stands for High Torque Drive. Apart from cars, those kinds of belts are being used to run most anything, including large machinery. In that respect the valve train on even the most insane engine is peanuts, the belt isn't going to whimper over that at all.

Actually it's a HTD type belt, gilmer has square teeth, HTD has rounded ones that have less friction. HTD stands for High Torque Drive. Apart from cars, those kinds of belts are being used to run most anything, including large machinery. In that respect the valve train on even the most insane engine is peanuts, the belt isn't going to whimper over that at all.

i wonder why they can't make a accessory belt that won't stretch and will last for more than a few years. It just seems scary to me to do this for someone that uses their car a lot.

Sorry to hear that, bro. I hope it all works out..
Thanks.
Now, it's "we need time apart" for her to think. Everyday it's something. So here I am with "what the hell is going on" all over my face.:confused2:

I've never had ANY trouble meeting women. So why am I putting up with this?:amazed: