Anthony's 53 Chevrolet truck

SuperBuickGuy

I have a friend who is 16 years old, is on the autism spectrum, and takes forced perspective photographs. What is forced perspective.... every single one of those pictures below is a 1:18 scale model car. I met him 3 years ago at a car show where he was given a 57 Ford 300 - somehow I ended up as his friend friend of the family.... maybe because I drove the FJ40 to the show rather then my C3? We are building a truck that is full size but will look like that one below. It will be easy to drive, reliable, new, and be the vehicle which he drives while he's getting parts for his fleet of vehicles. What vehicles, you might ask. A 57 Studebaker silverhawk, a 57 Ford 300 and now a 59 Buick Electra 4 door (evicta?)
but to this build, we've ordered a full frame from Art Morrison, I have a new LS3 and 6L80e in my shop, and the actual truck arrives probably at the end of March or early April....

yes, I know it has a GMC hood and grill.... it's titled as a chevrolet

1710353750982.png

1710354113266.png

Reactions: rtj
and for those curious... it will be pretty much stock height - which will probably be the only Art Morrison frame that isn't slammed...
if you're curious about him...

his truck is here... but I'm not taking it out of the trailer so this is what you get
I'm impressed with it... solid solid truck
2d06jDGh.jpg
DwKmXu1h.jpg
Ft0qmlwh.jpg
what wasn't fun was getting it into the trailer.... it's maybe 6" shorter overall. Add to this, no steering wheel and no brakes - and on a hill (the wrong way)... ah well, it gets to sit for a bit (we're still waiting for the frame).
Anthony was concerned I'd want his truck... it's not a Studebaker, he's safe... but it is a solid truck

it's here, it's rough but it is a start
floors good (which is ironic since we need to replace them all for the motor/trans)
GrKPUizh.jpgGrKPUizh.jpg
bed is a bit hashed but it's got good lights (not using either)
emvM2sSh.jpg
driver side a/c
g0LSl9lh.jpg
that hood color
CsQBh2wh.jpg
and the rest
qxdZQsOh.jpg
Y74XoRrh.jpg