Alignment: What do i change to correct a right pull?

You might think that I had a slow leak in that one tire. However, I checked and made sure that ALL tires had 35 psi as I tried to investigate the lead problem myself.

Jim

by chance have you ever heard of a miss adjusted/bad power steering control valve?

raise your front end up on jack stands and fire the motor. have somebody steer slowly from side to side while making stops along the way and remove their hands from the wheel. Bad control valve will cause the tires to move without operator input :)

by chance have you ever heard of a miss adjusted/bad power steering control valve?

raise your front end up on jack stands and fire the motor. have somebody steer slowly from side to side while making stops along the way and remove their hands from the wheel. Bad control valve will cause the tires to move without operator input :)

That was low on my list to check. The valve is brand new and steered perfectly when i put it on a few months ago.

But it certainly could be the problem. I will check that too.

That was low on my list to check. The valve is brand new and steered perfectly when i put it on a few months ago.

But it certainly could be the problem. I will check that too.

Did you grease it recently?

If the car pulls one way or the other after the alignment is correct, you need to adjust the power steering control valve.

Lars

What spec's are you guys using, I have to bring in the 75 this Sat.

These "street specs" work for me. I highly recommend not using "zero" front toe for street.

http://www.vbandp.com/instructions/htmlinstruct/align.htm

I am using the VBP advanced street same as bird with a little toe in both front and rear.

That's what I'm using too. Not "twitchy", tracks straight. I think we set it up with 1/8 toe-in.

I got the 75 to the alignment shop today,Actually my son took the car in since I gave it to him. They reset the toe on frt & rear and rear camber. Tracks straight, wheel centered now. I went over with some SS shims while they were working on it.
I owe them a dinner as they didn't charge me to setup the car. Nice to get a break once in a while.

You always want a little toe-in. Otherwise the car can feel squirrely driving straight down the road. You want to put just a slight load on the linkage and steering gear from the toe-in to eliminate any looseness going down the road.
Jim

I drove it to Albany and back, about a 400 mile round trip. It wasn't bad to drive at all. It actually behaves better at speed.

I think i'm going to leave it be.

There's nothing like driving this car on a long trip. It's the best therapy i know of. There's no way in hell i'd want it to drive like a new car. I get bored to death driving new rental cars.

I drove it to Albany and back, about a 400 mile round trip. It wasn't bad to drive at all. It actually behaves better at speed.

I think i'm going to leave it be.

There's nothing like driving this car on a long trip. It's the best therapy i know of. There's no way in hell i'd want it to drive like a new car. I get bored to death driving new rental cars.

Interesting point, I love to and would FAR rather drive my '72 then any other car.....by FAR, and that includes any ever....rentals or what....

:lol: