A REALLY bad day

Drop it off at the dealer. Tell them it's defective, and you want a new one.:rofl:

Looked like the fuel pump was stuck ON, kept feeding the fire....

never did like putting all that wiring/computer/relays under the hood, asking for troubles....

:hissyfit::clobbered::censored:

Notice how much trouble the firemen had putting out the fire. It looks like they would almost put the fire out, only to have it flare back up vigorously after they took their fire hoses (water) off. I wonder if there was some magnesium in the car. Once magnesium starts burning, it's difficult to put out with water. The reason is that magnesium, once burning, will burn water! (I'm pretty sure about this.) It bonds with the oxygen in water, releases hydrogen gas, which itself burns in air. The only way to put out a mag fire with water is to really drench it....cool the magnesium down to where its not burning and also deprived of oxygen. I watched a fireman with a hose try to put out a Porsche that was on fire and the magnesium transmission case was on fire. I think he only got the fire out when the magnesium had all be burnt.

I'm not sure, but I think aluminum will burn in the same way when it gets really hot.

Notice how much trouble the firemen had putting out the fire. It looks like they would almost put the fire out, only to have it flare back up vigorously after they took their fire hoses (water) off. I wonder if there was some magnesium in the car. Once magnesium starts burning, it's difficult to put out with water. The reason is that magnesium, once burning, will burn water! (I'm pretty sure about this.) It bonds with the oxygen in water, releases hydrogen gas, which itself burns in air. The only way to put out a mag fire with water is to really drench it....cool the magnesium down to where its not burning and also deprived of oxygen. I watched a fireman with a hose try to put out a Porsche that was on fire and the magnesium transmission case was on fire. I think he only got the fire out when the magnesium had all be burnt.

I'm not sure, but I think aluminum will burn in the same way when it gets really hot.
One last thought, lets hope this fire wasn't caused by simple band clamps and a rubber hose being used for a high pressure fuel line feed for the engine.