82 with LSx, T56, Manual R&P

I find it surprising Ben hasn't gotten to the bragging part. LOL
This is one beautifull Dyno sheet. The car is equally superb in person.
VettezukiDyno0001-1.jpg

I find it surprising Ben hasn't gotten to the bragging part. LOL
This is one beautifull Dyno sheet. The car is equally superb in person.
VettezukiDyno0001-1.jpg

Thanks bird. It's always nice when someone else toots your horn for you. With the help of yuse guys here, I hope to make it superber over time.

That's a whole lot better than a CFI. I gotta get my hands on one of those LS engines someday. Really, why is anyone messing about with this old SBC junk anymore :) Kind of sucks they are still pretty expensive here.

That's a whole lot better than a CFI. I gotta get my hands on one of those LS engines someday. Really, why is anyone messing about with this old SBC junk anymore :) Kind of sucks they are still pretty expensive here.

I think it's true..... Time to push the sbc into the corner beside the Flat Head Ford :cry:

Define expensive. You can get workable condition LS1s, transmission, computer and harness from a reputable wrecking yard for around $4,500USD, which is about 25 Euros now ;) Anyway, with the available parts packages for LS motors, you can build a slamming LS w/ Trans for WELL under $10k; sky is the limit of course.

Since I'm going to stuff an LS1/T56 in a white 82 sometimes soon, I was wondering if you have pics of how you did the AC compressor install.

Since I'm going to stuff an LS1/T56 in a white 82 sometimes soon, I was wondering if you have pics of how you did the AC compressor install.

There's a couple companies (guys) that sell brackets for the stock compressor. The one you want (I didn't get) as far as I can tell is from a user named SUPERPOWERS. (He was on DC. I might have his email somewhere.) The one I got is from a company on the east coast (forget their name at the moment) and while the brackets work fine, they were fugly, like they were cut out with a hacksaw by somebody who was half blind. I'll see if I can dig up or take some pics ASAP. But there is an off the shelf way to mount the stock AC unit without having to change the location of the unit or any of the hoses etc.

As for power, well, you can get stupid with these engines. I have a friend with a 418ci LS3 based engine that's putting down 536WHP NA. That's a touch more than a ZR1. Obviously a giant cam and trick ported heads. My modest setup puts down 390WHP as it is now, and with just some headers, hi flow cats, new injectors and a retune should be around 420 NA or so. That's really quite a lot for a street car

Something happen to this engine, and it would be time to think strongly about a LS, but really, its only got maybe <100k on it.....why bother now??

that's up to my son what to do, soon enough...

:lol::ghost:

Yep. It's coming back to me. In addition to fugly I had to harass the shi* out of them to finish the damn thing and ship it. I think SUPERPOWERS unit is the same or close in price (two different levels for steel and aluminum) and from the pics looks like a much much better design and build quality.

There is another one that's a whole package using a modern style A/C for around $750 from a famous Rods and Customs place I can't remember the name of to save my life. I *think* it's in Arkansas. . . This is already several years ago now.

Here's a question, is the belt routing correct in the pic. I thought the f body tensioners all pulled the belt up.

Yep. It's coming back to me. In addition to fugly I had to harass the shi* out of them to finish the damn thing and ship it. I think SUPERPOWERS unit is the same or close in price (two different levels for steel and aluminum) and from the pics looks like a much much better design and build quality.

There is another one that's a whole package using a modern style A/C for around $750 from a famous Rods and Customs place I can't remember the name of to save my life. I *think* it's in Arkansas. . . This is already several years ago now.

Well I can vouch superpowers (josh). I had him convert a new water pump over for me (me and taps don't get along) and he gave me a nice parts list for the m/c clutch conversion. I was very happy with the water pump. It came out nice and clean.

As far as the exhaust goes, I'm not sure who makes it, but from pics it doesn't look too bad. He has some shots in DC. He's also officially a vendor there: Custom Image Corvettes. He seems to have a good following and seems like a decent guy who does good work..

Street and Perf. in Mena Ark, has always been very overpriced....

I have a piece from them that I use as the PS delete (I have manual R&P). It's is very well made. I wouldn't say they're overpriced per se, just top dollar for what you get perhaps.

Here's a question, is the belt routing correct in the pic. I thought the f body tensioners all pulled the belt up.

Well a tensioner juts expands to put tension on the belts. That's their design and it doesn't work so hot. A brand new tensioner will effectively be at full tension and in a powerful car like mine, the belts will slip a bit until it warms up.

Does this superpowers guy have a website for ordering or something? Not thrilled about giving CC info to just anybody

Does this superpowers guy have a website for ordering or something? Not thrilled about giving CC info to just anybody

Good question. I think he had a PayPal account AIR, but otherwise did business pretty directly through PM. That was years ago now though. Let me check. Maybe greg75vette knows.