62 project

BEAUTIFUL work!!##$#!

especially the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

can I get you to do MINE???

:rofl::friends::loveletter:

how are you going to run the strut to the lower control arm? (the one that is parallel with the ground and goes to the bumper support)

how are you going to run the strut to the lower control arm? (the one that is parallel with the ground and goes to the bumper support)

not to sure what part you mean

Mustang II front suspensions come in two flavors - stock, where there's a narrow lower control arm (yours), and a rod that runs from the ball joint to a point behind the bumper. That rod (also on the mid-60s B-bodies), keeps the wheel from folding back into the fender when it hits an immovable object.

The aftermarket resolved that issue by doing this
P9060006.jpg

they widened the arm, put a brace between the extension and the frame (and also to the cross member). My concern is that with neither (the aftermarket, or the control rod), your tire will fold into the fender the first time you really put a high, horizontal stress on that lower control arm (like hitting a curb)

after an internet search on mustang 2 IFS i understand what you mean now
although the meyer kit is not a mustang 2 system it is similar in design but i could not find any bad reports about them and the corvette system has been for sale for over 12 years that said i will email them to see what they say and speak to the chassis guy(no its not my welding) building my chassis
thanks for the headsup