5sp trannys?

GrtDanes

Hi guys im confused.Got quotes from Keisler and Classic on the tko600.Keisler is $3666.00and Classic is $3295.00..These are the same transmissions are they not?Anyone have experiance from both companys? Thanks Doug:beer:

I don't know jack about the trannies themselves....BUT do know that Keisler appears to offer the entire changeover kit, so there is no shopping/guessing from/for you on the install....and apparently they back up their stuff pretty good.....

ALL scuttlebutt as I never had a 5 speed American tranny of any capabilities what so ever....

NOW, having said THAT.....IMO for that kind of price differance and being able with friends to fab and get by with less, and do my own work....

IF that 5 speed was available some 11-12 years ago, I would have put it in instead of the autos....my car was a muncie car...but for Florida, I needed OVERDRIVE....so went automatics....

PRICE was the point, but for the lousey grand additional I would have gone stick....back then.....

:beer:

Got one from classic chevy 5 speed here, complete with blow proof bellhousing, clutch and hydraulic throwout bearing. Even comes with driveshaft and other parts needed. It was a complete kit, the service was great, shipping fast. Simply top notch.

Hi guys im confused.Got quotes from Keisler and Classic on the tko600.Keisler is $3666.00and Classic is $3295.00..These are the same transmissions are they not?Anyone have experiance from both companys? Thanks Doug:beer:

The TKO600 sold by Keisler and Classic Chevy 5speed are both the same tranny.

Make sure you compare apples to apples, email both companies for a detailed quote. I mean detailed as in 'complete parts list'.
I bought my kit from Keisler, the auto to manual conversion was $4600 and change shipped. This included everything down to the rubber pedal pads and every single bolt and nut.
When they advertise $3200 for a manual to manual kit the clutch and bellhousing is likely not included. I'd say while you have the tranny out it would be foolish not to do the clutch...
Is the driveshaft included or is that an "option" ??

Both companies are using pretty much the same ingredients, a difference of $400 between the two seems too much....

I bought the 5 speed from Keisler about 3 years ago and have had no troubles so far. They were very helpful with a couple of problems I was having with the installation.

From Keisler the clutch is included not the bellhousing..Dont know from Classic they never itemized it.Will get that from them.Thanks everyone,I will see what Classic offers then decide.One more question.If I use my bellhousing would I still need to dial it in or should it just be a bolt in?Thanks again.:beer:

Dial it in, the old trannies with the sloppy input shaft bearings are much more tolerant to off center than those new ones.