4 Horsepower does

:rofl::rofl: Them horses been drinking too much BEER, they must be DRAFT horses....

ouch.........:rofl::rofl::bonkers:

Damn...those Clydsdales are just amazing. To celebrate this, just remember the Willey Nelson song with the line...."whiskey for my men and beer for my horses".
Ok maybe not too relevant to the original post. Apologies. When I was 8,9,10?? years old I was visiting my country relatives in the Tennessee Apalachian mountains. My cousin (probably 20 years or so older than me) decided that as a city boy, I'd be just ecstatic about riding a horse. The "horse" as it turns out was a Clydsdale. I was plopped on it's back..without a saddle.. and told to hold on by grabbing it's mane. The Clydsdale's back was so broad, that my feet just stuck out sideways...I couldn't wrap my legs around its rib cage. As a young boy, I was unhappy about holding on to the hair of the horse's mane since I was afraid I would hurt him and then he'd throw me. Things went downhill. As it turns out, the Clydsdale enjoyed being taken from the barnyard and walked to a local creek. So on the Clydsdale's back we headed for the creek. So we got to the "creek." Ok, it must have been an Apalachian mountain creek, but to me it was a river. And the Clydsdale walked into the creek until my shoes were getting wet... and this was a really tall horse! I was really afraid of falling off the horse. When the horse finally had his fill of wading around and drinking creek water, he headed for shore. I had my cousin get me off the horse and I walked back.

Years later as an adult, I went for a horseback ride and was surprised that as a male, you have to be careful not to get your dangly bits smashed by the saddle. Remembering my Clydsdale experience, these giant horses do give a really smooth ride without a saddle. I think my Clydsdale horses name was Bob. I hope today that he is in horse heaven.

I know NOTHING about horses, nothing, nada.....

but I remember my ex inlaws and their daughter the size of mine....really short shrimp, maybe 5 years old...and so on a farm visit, they got their daughter to try feeding a horse outta her hand, I about phreeked out....they being stupid and all insisted it was OK, I said there is a hell of size difference between their hands and a ~5 y/old.....

and sure enough the horse almost chewed her hand off, kid was cut up pretty bad, crying LOUD, and thankfully nothing gross as I recall....

some shit I can't forget....

:clobbered::huh::banned:

Horses and I have mutual respect. I do not like them, and they do not like me.;)

Some good friends operated stables in the Missouri State Parks for a long time- the comment was:

"All the cowboys in the old days carried guns. It's a damn wonder there's any horses left".