345/30r19 on the rear of a 79 vette

Mr.Kiss

Just thought i would but up some pics of my new wheels on my vette.

8924bca868b609ee.jpg

8924bca868c85401.jpg

8924bca868d63131.jpg

It took alot of work to mostly get them under the fenders ... they stick out about 1/2 inch ... but i like the look of the tires hanging out.

8924bca871f94b55.jpg

Good show, from the looks of your frame and t-arm you have them pretty well centered to the OEM location....:clap::D

thanks ... your opinion means nothing to me ... if you don't have nothing nice to say ... try saying nothing at all or go to anouther forum ... we all have different tasts ... but i don't bash someones stuff because it is not what i would do ... your convertable 82 is not my thing but i don't feel i have to put smart ass posts on your thread.

With a larger wheel diameter looks are secondary. The whole purpose of larger wheels is better handling because of the shorter sidewall but the same overall diameter of the wheel tire assembly. Why do just about all production vehicles have 16's 17's 18's and larger? Todays technology. Saying that one would stick with 15" wheels one might as well stay with a points distributor and bias ply tires.

With a larger wheel diameter looks are secondary. The whole purpose of larger wheels is better handling because of the shorter sidewall but the same overall diameter of the wheel tire assembly. Why do just about all production vehicles have 16's 17's 18's and larger? Todays technology. Saying that one would stick with 15" wheels one might as well stay with a points distributor and bias ply tires.

I agree, but I have to go the cheep route, meaning C4 wheels, although I do like that style above much better....maybe not 19, but I easy would go to 18 on them....nice look, retro with modern, good choice....

:D:yahoo:

Terry, THOSE RIMS ARE HOT.

I knew they were gonna look badass on your vette!

To get that big of tire under there, what is the ET (off set) of the rim? I think it looks great but I would gander to say that your 0-60 is a bit slower now due to the mass involved..., or??

c-ya
ToddG :drink:

The rear offset is 6.5 and the rims are 12 wide, but i had to trim that 1/2 inch step off on the frame that goes from the front to the middle of the wheel well off. The axle flange is moved out about 1/8 an inch which is made possible by the six link ... the tires just contact the frame when the wheels are lifted off of the ground and when the wheels are at ride hieght there is about 1/8 clearance and about 1/16 when it is on the suspension bumpers. I chose 19 inch because 345/30r19 are stock viper tire size so tires will always be available and they are the stock 27 inch diameter. The rear tires are about $375 which isn't bad if you say it fast. The wheel and tires are heavy ... the shipping weight was 44 lbs for the rear wheels.

One more vote for the ghetto crowd then! I am ordering staggered wheels and tires today! 20x10 for the rear and 18x8 for the front of my 79 beast. Personally I love that look on a c-3. The handling/traction benefits are without question as well. Snakeater

I've always liked the look of the stock 15" aluminum rim and I think the C3 really looks great with the meaty sidewall tires..... but recently I have been looking at some 8x18 and10x18 rims with 245-40 and 285-40 tires ... they would fill my flares without spacer and sure perform better than what I have now...:D:D

10x20 ?? that's big.....