1970 Repaint in the garage

No matter how small the overspray, without pulling filtered air in the booth and pulled the air out, the little overspray will dry in the air and drop on top of your new paint. This will create a dustlike view.

Yes you need a few fans if you do it inside the garage. I did have some dry dust on the new paint but it wetsanded and buffed out easily. I am not claiming to be a professional (my 79 was my first ever paintjob)... just saying you don't have to fear the neighbors or the cops if you adjust the HVLP gun correctly.

I had no complaints from the neighbors and I had 2 fans blowing full time out the side door. I had a small cloud of clear floating around in the air after I was finished, but the small amount that settled on top of the clear was the first to go when it came time to wet sand.

From what I hear that is a problem when pulling the air out on the side or the front or the rear of the car. If you could get the air moving down on the car and pulling it from underneath, probably you could get the cloud to drop into the wet coat so it would not be visible. Anyway that is what I was told.