1963 Corvette Grand Sport Build! LS2/T56-LOTS OF PICS!

Thanks guys! I live in Spanish Fort, right across the bay from mobile, so I get to annoy people every day driving through the tunnel and revving up :smash:

Mongoose Motorsports has a few for sale on their site....If you ask Mongoose to build this car for you with an LS2/T56 with CCW wheels and all the options Ive added, I would say they would charge you around 90-100k..You can only imagine what Duntov or Superformance would charge!

You don't mess around. I like that. Get it done and drive the crap out of it. That car is sooo bad ass.

There are many projects around that have been underway for years.....like 10 or more and will probably never move under their own power. Well not many of us will be alive to see it.

I'm impressed with the car Tyler, I love that body. But really, I mean really, I'm impressed with the determination you had to get your build done quickly and right. You painted the car three times? You need to do something with your skills! Also can I ask, who the Vette guy in ATL is? You drove right past my place, north of KIA a little.

Ralphy

Is it A & B Auto Salvage by chance?

Last edited:
Damn. Now I'm just embarrassed.
Car is fkn sweeeeet. (just between me and you, I think it would look sinister if you painted a black widow hourglass on the differential cooler cover)

Thanks guys! I believe the name of the place was Carroll Corvette and Performance..May be more of a thing the guy does on the side. He had a ton of parts though.

I was thinking about putting the Jake Skull on the cooler or having it water jet cut into the aluminum ram air chamber under the hood. Thought that might be cool. Im also debating painting my sidepipes flat black as well as the side mirrors, but I cant make up my mind.

Tyler.
Have you thought about high temp powder coating? Also, you wouldn't by chance have a phone number or address to Carroll Corvette and Performance. I did a search and came up with nothing.

Ralphy

I ended up mirror polishing my side pipe shields and repainting the pipes with VHT ceramic silver paint...VHT is some bad-a stuff..works very well..finding someone to powder coat around here that has a big enough oven is the problem..

The business card says:
Carroll Corvette & Performance
New and Used
Chris Carroll-770-546-3504

I ended up mirror polishing my side pipe shields and repainting the pipes with VHT ceramic silver paint...VHT is some bad-a stuff..works very well..finding someone to powder coat around here that has a big enough oven is the problem..

The business card says:
Carroll Corvette & Performance
New and Used
Chris Carroll-770-546-3504

There is a guy around the corner from me here in OP called Powder Tech on Industrial loop if you do a search, he has the ability to do industrial coating on large objects....so his cooker has to be larger than my kitchen stove....:smash::surrender: he did the rocker panels on my '72 here....no sweat...

:thumbs:

Tyler, now that you finished one. What would you do different on the second build?

I would like to custom fit a c6 suspension and probably an ls3. I have some cool interior ideas. Nothing major. The car is already a beast with the ls2. Mainly I just like to build!