Simple device....production....?

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
I have this idea for a very simple yet handy device that can be used in the typical kitchen, just makes life much easier....should cost maybe 7 bux each retail.....

So I made a prototype and of course it works fine, woopie doo.....

so how to get it into production outta china, and get it sold, I figger maybe a buck a shot for profit margin.....easy sell ten million of these...
stick it on QVC.....???

so how do I go about getting them made cheep??

:bonkers:

I hate to bust your bubble but...

Let's say it costs $2.00 to make your product and you think you can sell a milion of them. So, you want someone to make them for you. Here is how it's done.

Step one: Go to the bank and wire transfer $2,000,0000 to a broker in China for your production run.

Gene...it ain't like tho old days where you could get a patent, get some units built and sell them any way you want. Even if you got the patent, as soon as the first piece hits the market, some a-hole copies it and before you know it, the market is saturated with counterfeit product. Sure, you could try to sue for patent infringement...how deep are your pockets?....

Gene...it ain't like tho old days where you could get a patent, get some units built and sell them any way you want. Even if you got the patent, as soon as the first piece hits the market, some a-hole copies it and before you know it, the market is saturated with counterfeit product. Sure, you could try to sue for patent infringement...how deep are your pockets?....

Yeh, about what I figgered.....oh well....

I'll just keep using the prototype....

Yeh, about what I figgered.....oh well....

I'll just keep using the prototype....

It's not as bad as some make it out to be.
It's definately not the old days, but all is not lost.

Feck it Gene.
Make 'em up locally and sell 'em on ebay.

If there's enough interest, get yourself a pitchman on one of the infomercial channels and have at it.

I was reading a piece on the late pitchman, Billy Mays, and how they decided what products to hawk.

It really was pretty simple.

Make a prototype, send it in with a video/instuctions, and they review it.

They pretty well have a handle on what does and does not move on the informercial stations.

If they like it, they make the the infomercial and you're off to the races.:clap:

If not, you're not really out much but a little time and a few bucks.

Hell, I'll buy one.....what it is? :rofl:

What it IS is so simple, I"d be surprised it's not out there before, which is why I not pissing money I don't have on some other wild goose chase....

but one of the fellow here has suggested a action plan....and it costs almost nothing....but some time, time I got....money I don't.....

:friends::D

so how do I go about getting them made cheep??

:bonkers:

There's this guy Baskin......

Wasn't he the guy with the variable speed fan controller running off the battery directly, ?? messing with the charge rates??

that was a funny thread.....beat hell outta him degree or not.....

he never knew I was a ET doing engineering work in the time based pulse field eddy current work.....

:smash::thumbs:

Why have CHINA make it?
We all bitch about can't buy made in USA.

If China can make it for $2 and you figure you have a dollar margin, why not sell if for a few cents more and take a few cents less profit and put some Americans to work?

GENE is just trying to help out the middle man. See, if he has his made in China, the counterfeiter will just have to go across the street to copy his product. Rather than actually finding it here in the states, then buying one and sending it all the way to China to have them copy it. That could take, what?, three extra days? :harhar:

Why have CHINA make it?
We all bitch about can't buy made in USA.

If China can make it for $2 and you figure you have a dollar margin, why not sell if for a few cents more and take a few cents less profit and put some Americans to work?

Bluntly said, because the EPA would NEVER allow it, CASE CLOSED....

:goodnight::tth:

Before you didn't made any patent i would imediatly forget about China.

It's more then certain they will copy it, specially when you say it's so cheap and very handy.

Even if it's not the company which you let produce such a tool, but there's a high chance one of the employees wont be so loyal.

In China only labour cost is cheaper then here in Europe or USA.
Material cost is mostly cheaper while they use cheaper materials.
I asume your tool will be done somehow with plastic.
The chinese use many times so called regranulate which is much cheaper but unknown material origin and even sometimes with toxic substances in them.
They buy cheap shreddered pieces from companys in Europe and the States and use them again for injection moulding.
The companys here don't use them anymore while mostly pieces for household industry and childrens toys don't allow to use any percentage of regranulate.

Again, be carefull in this. As example Switzerland is testing any container with Toys from China. When they just find one single toy with toxic content they reject the whole container and send it back to the manufacturers cost in China.

If your tool is out of plastic forget it to let it produce there.
This sound too much of trouble.

Another thing is to let them produce any kind of tool which is necessary to produce your pieces.
I learned that from my own experience. They will never tell you that they are not abble to do this and that. To say no is not in there nature.
Finally you will have a lot of conversation and maybe even worst travelling cost.
Seen that more then once by companys i worked for and some other people which worked in purchasing and technical departments told me the same.

A much better idea is you let your things produce in Mexico.
Deep labour cost as well but in a range which you still can have the control.
Or you go in one of the former iron curtain countrys, like Romania or Bulgaria.
Deep labour cost but good quality and skilled personal.
I lead here in Romania a german company and was before in 2 other companys. Many german, austrian and swiss companys let produce there pieces here. Even a swiss company which produces kitchen knives.

So be extremely carefull !!
Good luck with your tool.

Greetings
Robert

...A much better idea is you let your things produce in Mexico....
\
Not right now I wouldn't. For a number of reasons.

Or you go in one of the former iron curtain countrys, like Romania or Bulgaria.
Deep labour cost but good quality and skilled personal.
Now there's an idea:)

Good luck with your tool.

I'm sorry, but I ain't touchin' that one:rofl:

An MBA class was having a 25th class re-union. Everyone was interested to hear a speech that was going to be made by the class dummy. Seems that although the least likely at graduation to be successful, this guy had become the wealthiest of all the class members.

Asked to describe his business model to achieve wealth, he related his story..."I make a simple kitchen tool. It costs me a total of $5 a unit to get it to market, this includes manufacturing costs, advertising, distribution and shipping, overhead ---everything--- and I sell it for $10 a unit. So when you're selling something with a pure and simple 50% profit margin, you just can't help buy get wealthy!!

An MBA class was having a 25th class re-union. Everyone was interested to hear a speech that was going to be made by the class dummy. Seems that although the least likely at graduation to be successful, this guy had become the wealthiest of all the class members.

Asked to describe his business model to achieve wealth, he related his story..."I make a simple kitchen tool. It costs me a total of $5 a unit to get it to market, this includes manufacturing costs, advertising, distribution and shipping, overhead ---everything--- and I sell it for $10 a unit. So when you're selling something with a pure and simple 50% profit margin, you just can't help buy get wealthy!!

I figger to sell nothing less than a million of them maybe 7 bux each.....

50 cents to a buck clear profit....

50% to the .gov for the no bam tax and so keep maybe 300 grand....

:hissyfit:

Hi Gene,

if you ever need contacts here in Romania or also in Mexico i can give you a few which i know they have a good reputation and necessary skills.

For what you ask ? For nothing, just like people you try to start new businesses out of good ideas.

Greets
Robert