got rear-ended..... war of the ponies...

MYBAD79

fortunately not in one of the Vettes.... my '93 Mustang LX sacrificed the bumper, taillight and tow hitch in a desperate attempt to withstand the brutal impact force of another Mustang piloted by a 20 year old female....

her's:

214c9ad8eaec85c.jpg

mine (like a rock):

214c9ad8eb5c207.jpg

it looks like I have to get the bumper painted and buffed :clobbered::clobbered:

Nah, just average 20 year old, maybe 120-130 lbs ... her airbag didn't work, at that speed/impact it should have... her seatbelt didn't hold her either, she hit the steering wheel with her head - I wonder if she was actually wearing the seatbelt .... :rolleyes::huh:

Looks like I need a new (used) bumper cover... duct tape is not going to fix this...

And a taillight of course....

Here's the good news: insurance adjuster stopped by today and wrote a check :bounce::bounce:

Poor kid, her insurance rates are going through the roof, if not there already.....

most kids get paid zilch, I don't understand how in hell they can afford 200/month premiums.....and in Florida that's onl 10/20 on the liability.....90% of the time there no comprehensive either....

so she lucky that damn air bag did NOT go off, that would cost her 50 billion bux to fix....

:surrender::smash:

Nah, just average 20 year old, maybe 120-130 lbs ... her airbag didn't work, at that speed/impact it should have... her seatbelt didn't hold her either, she hit the steering wheel with her head - I wonder if she was actually wearing the seatbelt .... :rolleyes::huh:

Looks like I need a new (used) bumper cover... duct tape is not going to fix this...

And a taillight of course....

Here's the good news: insurance adjuster stopped by today and wrote a check :bounce::bounce:

Skip the bumper cover, that isn't anything a little Zaino won't cure :bounce:

Looking for new taillights on Ebay, came across this:

214c9d72dbd9556.jpg

NEW.... $70 shipped for the pair, dirt cheap.... $50 less than a used 20 year old pair of Ford taillights ...

well..... it's probably going to be a used pair..... :huh::clobbered:

I vote for the broken ones if the other choice is the hideous shiat you found on da bay

Today I straightened the bumper support and the mounting plates.... sure took a bit of leverage to get these things bent back to where they need to be.... :clap::clap:

214c9ec2fcee384.jpg

Found some time today to "fix" the exhaust..... found some 2 1/2" 409SS tubing and a 4" 304SS tip in my garage...

214ca01149a26a6.jpg

Here's a good one: Yesterday after I straightened the rear panel and bumper supports using my oversized pipe wrench and a good size sledge the car wouldn't start.... I used starter fluid spray, checked all the fuses... was about to pull plugs and check fuel filter when I noticed this inertia switch in the trunk :toothbrush:

Apparently I triggered this inertia switch when I beat the crap out of the panel to get it straight.... This switch seems to shut off the fuel pump in case of a heavy impact.... I reset it and now all is good :)

I am surprised the accident didn't trigger the switch, I am not surprised at all that my sledge and I triggered it :D

I had no idea that this car was equipped with a cut off switch... wiring looks like factory installed... maybe it was mandatory in the early 90's ????

Here's a good one: Yesterday after I straightened the rear panel and bumper supports using my oversized pipe wrench and a good size sledge the car wouldn't start.... I used starter fluid spray, checked all the fuses... was about to pull plugs and check fuel filter when I noticed this inertia switch in the trunk :toothbrush:

Apparently I triggered this inertia switch when I beat the crap out of the panel to get it straight.... This switch seems to shut off the fuel pump in case of a heavy impact.... I reset it and now all is good :)

I am surprised the accident didn't trigger the switch, I am not surprised at all that my sledge and I triggered it :D

I had no idea that this car was equipped with a cut off switch... wiring looks like factory installed... maybe it was mandatory in the early 90's ????

Many Ford,Lincoln,Mercury models came from the factory with the fuel cut off inertia switch.