mako shark project coming along.......

454Can-Am

finally getting the mako together......... can't wait for spring to get here !!! Rick

Attachments

• mako short tail no doors.jpg
    mako short tail no doors.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 89
  • mako headlites 2.jpg
    mako headlites 2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 54
  • mako door panel drivers w shark.jpg
    mako door panel drivers w shark.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 70
  • cf3.jpg
    cf3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 77
  • mako headlite angle.jpg
    mako headlite angle.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 65
couple more pix....................

Attachments

• mako tat yes.jpg
    mako tat yes.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 54
  • mdp.jpg
    mdp.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 56
  • mdjambtac.jpg
    mdjambtac.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 48
  • mdd.jpg
    mdd.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 47
NICE, I LIKE IT!!!!! :clap:

I hope you don't have problems with the headlight height though, Maryland would not approve for street use, a neighbor of mine did something similar some years ago, and he was just lucky they didn't have annual inspections anymore....I dunno about Va. the feds got involved on that stuff....:bonkers: so I hope you got that base covered...

nice rear deck/lights....like the old show car paint job too....:beer::beer:

454CanAm -
Been lurking on the MakoForum - been watching some of your work there -- Nice!
The Split Grill is so nice - I'm doing a copy for mine too.
Are those Door Popprers I see in the door jam?
Whose are they? Look like they'd have lots of grunt.

Very nice color scheme + interior too!
Thanks and, Cheers - Jim

454CanAm -
Been lurking on the MakoForum - been watching some of your work there -- Nice!
The Split Grill is so nice - I'm doing a copy for mine too.
Are those Door Popprers I see in the door jam?
Whose are they? Look like they'd have lots of grunt.

Very nice color scheme + interior too!
Thanks and, Cheers - Jim

Either you guyz have a link to that makoforum....did a search got nothing...

I hope you don't have problems with the headlight height though, Maryland would not approve for street use, a neighbor of mine did something similar some years ago, and he was just lucky they didn't have annual inspections anymore....I dunno about Va. the feds got involved on that stuff....:bonkers: so I hope you got that base covered...

I've put antique tags on the car, so I don't have to get it inspected..................... hopefully there won't be any issues with the height.............. or having the inside one behind the grill !!!

Rick

I've put antique tags on the car, so I don't have to get it inspected..................... hopefully there won't be any issues with the height.............. or having the inside one behind the grill !!!

Rick

For years Md. did not require inspection except when tagging the car for first time.....so my friend took advantage of that fact....but he was super nervous of moving to Pa. for retirement, on account of that....
which is why I raised the point, I think the car looks great and hate to see some .gov fuck you over on it...

:cool:

Nice work. Are the grilles something you can buy or did you have to fab them up yourself?

I fabbed them myself.................... got some 1/4" aluminum rod,made some patterns and started bending and cutting. Took me days to get 'em right, but finally got them looking pretty good. Spent a few hours buffing them to a shine and finally got them installed.

Thanx for the compliments guys
...........if these snows will ever stop, I can put the front end back on and see the whole car together for the first time !!!

phantomjock...................
those are jambtac's in the door jamb. I used these to clean the jambs up.............. they transfer the power to the windows and power locks so I don't have all the electrical wires running between the body and the door !

Rick :drink:

Nice work. Are the grilles something you can buy or did you have to fab them up yourself?

I fabbed them myself.................... got some 1/4" aluminum rod,made some patterns and started bending and cutting. Took me days to get 'em right, but finally got them looking pretty good. Spent a few hours buffing them to a shine and finally got them installed.

Did you weld them together or have you got the rod going through holes in brackets or something?

saudivette,
If you look close, you can see I took the easy way out................. drilled 1/8" holes and pop riveted the quarter inch bars to a couple of square tube brackets I made that attach to the body !

enkeivette,
Had to have 3 lights on each side since its a widebody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

SmokinBBC,
How do you put pix in the garage....... or update the garage ???
Inquiring minds want to know !!! :sos:

Rick

Last edited:
saudivette,
If you look close, you can see I took the easy way out................. drilled 1/8" holes and pop riveted the quarter inch bars to a couple of square tube brackets I made that attach to the body !

enkeivette,
Had to have 3 lights on each side since its a widebody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

SmokinBBC,
How do you put pix in the garage....... or update the garage ???
Inquiring minds want to know !!! :sos:

Rick

Rick...Click on User CP on the menu bar on the top of the page. On your user page go to the bottom left under Misc. and click on Edit Vettemod Garage.

Input your info and upload pics of that awesome ride!

Wow! Very nice work, thanks for sharing with us. What running gear do you have? I'd guess it runs as great as it looks!!!

Even as a Mako - vette's leak!
454CanAM - was it the brake/pedal mounting bolts?

You've added them to my list of TOO-DOOs when I get that far along.

Lookin' REAL GOOD!

Cheers - JIm