you will all love this youtube video

Another display of the reason for scatter shield type bell housings.:wink:

Wow. I'm sure many of us have seen worse in terms of car damage and human damage. Scary thinking about the trust we put in the clutch and flywheel manufacturers every time we run the RPMs up.

I like his explanation at the end that "a prior accident" led to the explosion.

Yeah, like "accidently" dumping the clutch from 6800 too many times:lol:

Last edited:
15005.jpg

cheap insurance

15005.jpg

cheap insurance

Never seen one of these for a T56.

I could hear that clutch slipping right away, before I heard the motor pop. He should have let off. "Can't hear the clutch slipping with 620hp" :bullshit: You can hear it even better! And I can feel my tires slipping and my car is way louder than this one.

Guy is a total douchenozzle. He dumps the clutch, the car doesn't leap forward or grills the tires and he keeps the hammer down for a couple of seconds still

I could hear that clutch slipping right away, before I heard the motor pop. He should have let off. "Can't hear the clutch slipping with 620hp" :bullshit: You can hear it even better! And I can feel my tires slipping and my car is way louder than this one.

Sometimes, shit just happens and FAST.
34b389162a0896.jpg

34b389162a0896.jpg

Jeebus, THAT looks familiar....been a while....which is why drivers are in front now a daze....:hissyfit::crutches::flash:

34b389162a0896.jpg

Jeebus, THAT looks familiar....been a while....which is why drivers are in front now a daze....:hissyfit::crutches::flash:

Yep. That is THE accident that almost cost him his foot. He told the guys "Move that dam thing behind me", and everyone copied that change shortly thereafter.:D

Never seen one of these for a T56.

[/quote]

McLeod makes a "modular" scatter shield. It's a basic scatter shield that mates to modular adapters. The modular adapters are sandwiched between the basic shield (mounted to the bock) and the transmission. These shields fit a wide variety of trannys. I think the list the T56 as one of the compatible trannys.

Yep. That is THE accident that almost cost him his foot. He told the guys "Move that dam thing behind me", and everyone copied that change shortly thereafter.:D

Bird, serious question, how in eff'n HELL did any of us hotrodders EVER survive the last ~50/whatever years???

:censored::huh2::crutches:

34b389162a0896.jpg

That is when Don Garbage lost a few toes and started on "fineseing" the rear engine design, people thought he was crazy,,,NOT. Just nuts. Peace,,,Moosie:ghost:

http://www.quicktimeinc.com/products.html

RM-6039 - LS Bellhousing to ZF Transmission

Height = 5.775
Trans. Bore Ø = N/A
Engine = Chevy LS-1, LS-2, LS-3, LS-6, LS-7, LS-9, Small Block Chevy, Big Block Chevy, LT1
Trans. = GM ZF
Flywheel = 168 or 153 tooth
Weight = 22#
Block plate, engine bolts, and shifter fork ball included
Exclusive license to Rockland Standard gear (800)-227-1523

LS will bolt up to SBC, just has some bolt holes you can't use (underside) and 1 missing on the pass side 2 o clock pos (viewed from the rear)

I love the Quicktime housings. My Mcleod was a POS I had to buy the weld on bushings to get it dialed in because it was so far off spec no offset dowels would move it far enough. After getting it centered the face was not close to parallel with the block. On top of that the gold finish all popped off revealing thousands of tiny holes in the metal. Its sitting in a box somewhere in my garage waiting to go in the garbage next time I do a big clean out. My Quicktime was almost perfect as soon as I bolted it up.