What's the best looking Vette year

boeing46

I know everyone would love the 2009 ZR1 but which of all the Vettes looks the best off the show room floor. I like several from the 60s but i really love the look of my 81 even though i still have allot of lil things to do.
So which Vette looks the best?

the 68 gills are the same?? why not a 68? I like the key on the dash better than on the column.

the 68 gills are the same?? why not a 68? I like the key on the dash better than on the column.

BEing a basic lazy bastard, I rather like the key on the column, because it makes it lock straight up during wheel alignments....and so I don't have to lean forward to reach the key...plus those buttons are shaved off the doors....

minor ticks...all chrome sharks are the BEST....of the sharks....and any shark is heads and shoulders over any other vette in pure STYLE ,

now having said that, the sharks can be more easily modified and updated without spending a fortune, the solid axle cars are more classical styling, but the updating is a bitch....the design out of the 40's...

:clobbered::loveletter:

I like the tail/backup light setup on a '68 and like the gills on the '68 & '69s however, overall; I like the '73s best!

68 to 82 rules in my book. Probably just my generation, having been born in 63 and drooling over the C3'3 as soon as I realized my passion for cars. Add chrome bumpers better, add side gills even better, and add a big block and OMG I'm in love.:1st: I do agree with boeing46 the spoilers and front end add alot to the 81 & 82 models. Maybe that's because I can't afford a C3 with chrome bumpers.

Probably obvious to most, I like the chrome bumper years best. The '70-'71 takes best overall due to the looks of the Deluxe interior. 69 tops the list from an external viewpoint with the chrome gill inserts but comes in second due to it's planer interior. 67 BB comes in third due to stinger hood. I have had the good fortune to have owned each in my lifetime, which is probably why I am biased. :thumbs:

Last edited:
'56, then 60, then 67 coupe, then 73 vert w/hardtop....and no more since then!:stirpot:
Best looking affordable 'Vette? Why, '73 coupe, of course!:evil:

(When I was 17, my Dad talked me out of buying a '56 because "It's made of fiberglass, not steel like a real car." Years later he told me he regretted that decision, although I probably would have wrecked it anyway--and I'm sure he was right!)

Last edited:
'56, then 60, then 67 coupe, then 73 vert w/hardtop....and no more since then!:stirpot:
Best looking affordable 'Vette? Why, '73 coupe, of course!:evil:

(When I was 17, my Dad talked me out of buying a '56 because "It's made of fiberglass, not steel like a real car." Years later he told me he regretted that decision, although I probably would have wrecked it anyway--and I'm sure he was right!)

my first car was a '60 vette in '66, for a grand even....500 down, the rest was a bank loan with dad's co sign....some 60 bux/month.....at any rate, it lasted a year and I totalled it....shoveled the sand outta the tire well that held the ass end down, on account of it was fracturing the glass...made it tail assed light again....lost it on a rainy road at 1+ AM......

:surrender:

the rest of the cars were Pontiacs because I could afford them, and insure them....little did the insurance companies know.....:wink::rose:

Kids do 1/2 the shit I got away with in a car, much less some friends....TODAY, they be in hard times in MAX wards.....seriously...you just dunno, what you dunno....

I like them all, although my least fav is the C4's. Little odd since I've had three of them. My next will be a C5 since they are so cheap right now, but the main goal is a 66 (still kicking myself in the ass for passing up a 66 427 4spd for $7500 back in the early 90's.). Currently I preffer my 71 over my 85 because there is no substitute for displacemnt/

Actually, if I was going to buy an additional Vette, it would be this one. One of the most beautiful of the sharks IMHO.

135Z.jpg

The best looking vette, why mine of course 78.And after i finish the paint it will be the best looking by far.

69 - only a few things wrong with it IMO.
Needs 4 tail lights like 68 and older, and the interior is just a tad plane (compared to the early 70's delux)
otherwise, side gills with the inserts and the stingray script, and the circular parking/directional lights in the front grill make for a perfect looking vette :thumbs:

1963 Grand Sport chassis 005, driven in all of the 1963 Nassau
Speed Week events by Dr. Dick Thompson. Car #80

Thought about it and one that comes to mind that I liked a lot was the guy who took C3 and graffed a front and rear of a C2 on it.

Dont have time to research got to go to work but that was cool looking car.

Ok ok it's not an original factory made Vette but do we care about that here?