Drilled and slotted rotors

MYBAD79

Nothing I have to do right now but I found a great deal on rear rotors made by Stillen... $70 for the pair "on sale" .... too bad the matching front rotors are $320 for the pair.... (www.stillen.com and on Ebay)

Now.... Summit has drilled/slotted rotors with natural finish and PowerSlot rotors with a nice golden plating.... looks like no matter what brand, the natural finish is like $320 for the set and coated is $400-$420....

I really like the look but the look alone is not worth $400.... I have drilled rotors on my C6 and the breaks are great... has anyone direct experience with these rotors on a C3 ?

Didn't use that brand but I did put D/S rotors on my C4. Couldn't tell any difference performance wise.

I sort of expected that... maybe there's a noticeable improvement if you autoX the car... in which case you'd be seriously looking at aftermarket brakes anyways....

The rears for $120 shipped is a sweet deal.... would look silly with the stock front rotors though... :crap:

The holes are cosmetic. If your pads outgas so much that they need holes to vent, you have a pad problem.

No they are not. The offset is different between the fronts and the rears, it's not just the extra holes for the parking brake adjuster.

No they are not. The offset is different between the fronts and the rears, it's not just the extra holes for the parking brake adjuster.

That was the first thing I thought about...... I had a good look at my rotors and had to scrap that idea....

I thought the offset looked different, at least from what I could tell from laying under the car.....then I thought about the inner diameter (emergency brake) and scrapped the idea.... how do yours fit ???

The difference is pretty small, forgot how much exactly. To the naked eye the rotors look identical apart from the adjustment holes. The fronts even have the "drum" part in them for parking brake shoes.

I thought the offset looked different, at least from what I could tell from laying under the car.....then I thought about the inner diameter (emergency brake) and scrapped the idea.... how do yours fit ???

I never even noticed the difference by sight or feel

Although the hydraboost masks the feel of the brakes pretty well

Well, I "thought" they look different... hard to say with the wheels on and the car on the ground, not jacked up or anything.... thought about the parking brake and that was it....

If the offset really is that small it will fit but the rotor is not centered between the two caliper halves. Two pistons too far in the hole, the other two too far out.... Once you add pad wear you might pop two pistons out of the bore.... not ??

if the offset brings the hat inboard, washers could be used between the caliper and mounting bracket to re-center the rotor.

are those gold cad plated.? This is tempting. Shipping is $40 per pair for me though.

One rotor is 20lbs - shipping is not cheap but not ridiculous like many other Ebay sellers....

These are golden plated, all four rotors are $140 plus $80-$90 shipping... say $230....

The Powerstops from jegs are $320 plus handling.... $100 difference.... yes, it's tempting....

I have some old C3 rotors off my car laying around, I'll measure:

They both (front and back) measure 1.85 from the rotor surface to the top of the hat.

What about the other side? From the inboard rotor surface down to the inside of the hat ?

Is the diameter 11 1/2" or 11 3/4" ? I've seen both dimensions browsing the web and catalogs....

What about the other side? From the inboard rotor surface down to the inside of the hat ?

Both are 2.80

Is the diameter 11 1/2" or 11 3/4" ? I've seen both dimensions browsing the web and catalogs....

Both are 11.75 dia.

$220 for the set of four shipped......

SO CAL members: they're in CostaMesa and offer free customer pickup.... $138 for the set..... (Bird, that's in your neighborhood...need rotors ??)