Body mod question

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
Does anyone know of a wrecking yard where I could buy a C5 rear bumper chunk? I'm thinking of grafting into my 82, the "Corvette" lettering from a C5 rear bumper but obviously don't want to buy a whole rear bumper, just the word segment cut out...

354955d9b657c47.jpg

go to www.car-parts.com and look for junkyards that have C5 parts. If the bumper is trashed they don't list it, you'll have to call them.

cleveland pick-a-part for example often has Vette parts.

If you can't find a wreck to get the chunk, maybe you can use this?

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=35924&dept_id=1375
I was thinking about one of them first Paul but I like the thought of the depressed lettering in the bumper, OEM style. I could still stick the lettering there too.

go to www.car-parts.com and look for junkyards that have C5 parts. If the bumper is trashed they don't list it, you'll have to call them.

cleveland pick-a-part for example often has Vette parts.
With the time difference, it's a pita to try and call anyone from here Karsten - not to mention the cost! I was hoping that some forum members may have known a good place to source C5 parts. I've found a couple of wrecking yards online and sent them an email.

Last edited:
PM me to remind for sure on Monday Am I can call Wade with a vette shop up the road a piece....he got more shit than a Xmas turkey....

:trumpet::harhar:

With the time difference, it's a pita to try and call anyone from here Karsten - not to mention the cost! I was hoping that some forum members may have known a good place to source C5 parts. I've found a couple of wrecking yards online and sent them an email.

Phone or email.... what I meant to say is that you won't find it online. Not even Ebay.... nobody is going to spend money on the Ebay fees to try to sell a trashed bumper. Salvage yards consider it trash too, unless you email and ask you'll never find one cheap.... unfortunately many of these junkyards don't consider you a valuable customer if you ask for a wrecked bumper (and want it cheap)... for a $20 part (and they have to cut the section with the script out) they likely won't even return your email....

Phone or email.... what I meant to say is that you won't find it online. Not even Ebay.... nobody is going to spend money on the Ebay fees to try to sell a trashed bumper. Salvage yards consider it trash too, unless you email and ask you'll never find one cheap.... unfortunately many of these junkyards don't consider you a valuable customer if you ask for a wrecked bumper (and want it cheap)... for a $20 part (and they have to cut the section with the script out) they likely won't even return your email....

Probably true, but then again, Wade has a whole 2 acres+ full of every vette that GM ever made....no WONDER parts are so high, HE got 'em all....

:hissyfit::(

PM me to remind for sure on Monday Am I can call Wade with a vette shop up the road a piece....he got more shit than a Xmas turkey....

PM sent Gene :thumbs:

Just called, no answer yet again.....I wonder if he shut down for the holidaze?? dunno, he don't use ans machines, on account of his business is overloading his ass enough when he is there.....the man must walk a easy ten miles/day across his ~3 acres of vettes/parts....long story about him and I know almost nothing.....used to work for him, years ago....

:banghead:

Just called, no answer yet again.....I wonder if he shut down for the holidaze?? dunno, he don't use ans machines, on account of his business is overloading his ass enough when he is there.....the man must walk a easy ten miles/day across his ~3 acres of vettes/parts....long story about him and I know almost nothing.....used to work for him, years ago....

Damn. I've only got once positive response from the people I emailed and he wants $100 for just the script...

Damn. I've only got once positive response from the people I emailed and he wants $100 for just the script...

Probably he has to cut the thing outta some bumper still on the car, charge for labor, shipping, etc.....stupid high priced....

stay cool, we figger summfin out.....:hissyfit::bonkers::censored:

I don't reckon that would work because of the angle in it.

How about these Wayne? Cherry stuck them in his bumper recesses. They look pretty good.
http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-stainless-steel-rear-c5-letters-1-41-7959.html
I was going to use just one of those but then decided that I'd like the script recess instead.

...stay cool, we figger summfin out.....:hissyfit::bonkers::censored:
I'm banking on you Gene. The guy who wanted $100 said he'd take $75 :bonkers:

Wayne tell what i will do. I will put a new blade in my box knife and go out tonight and get you one :search: