WTF? C2/C3 Wilwood direct replacement caliper

Pisser huh?

I'd buy them if i hadn't already refrofitted with dynalites.

It's so important that even I would drop $1600 on these.

Probably the best and most important

Pisser huh?

I'd buy them if i hadn't already refrofitted with dynalites.

It's so important that even I would drop $1600 on these.

Probably the best and most important C3 mod there is.

I also saw them for sale all over ebay yesterday

Yeh, but at 300 bux EACH, wait a minit....China ain't that high for those calipers....hell of a profit margin, I"d say.....I beleive 300 bux/end for them, but then expect to pay 400 total for the set for the whole car.....at discount....

Turtle, over a dead stock rusted out set of calipers, I can see it's most important, but over SS lined which I suspect every C3 is by now....I can't see it brings that much to the table for a NON RACER that is....like ME, just street driven....

I drive quickly, but not all that balls out....

Seems like a better caliper than a superlite for the front

I'd just do dynalite rears

If I was doing my brakes all over again, I would consider these.:thumbs:

Turtle, over a dead stock rusted out set of calipers, I can see it's most important, but over SS lined which I suspect every C3 is by now....I can't see it brings that much to the table for a NON RACER that is....like ME, just street driven....

I drive quickly, but not all that balls out....

I thought you were balls out.

It brings plenty for a non racer because the inherent design flaws of the stock calipers make them unsuitable for the street nevermind racing.

These won't leak and pump air. They have stainless cupped pistons that are miles ahead of the solid aluminum pistons. They are much lighter. Yada yada yada.

I can't tell you how strongly i feel about this. Everybody should have them.

Yes they are for real. Van Steel posted about them on CF.

Last edited:
So is there anything inherantly better about this new caliper over the dynalites I already have?

So is there anything inherantly better about this new caliper over the dynalites I already have?

I've been thinking about that. They use a stock pad which has about twice the surface area of a dynalite. They're huge, so they are a bigger heat sink and probably more rigid.

They look like stock, you could probably get away with using them without getting bumped a class in racing.

They friggin bolt on. How huge is that for the average C2/c3 owner.?

This is big.

I'm taking my old calipers to the dump. I don't see why anyone would ever want to bolt an iron caliper to their corvette ever again.

It's unsprung weight. Unless you are concerned about the extra poundage on your car making you non competitive if you are a low speed auto crosser you won't exceed the ability of the stock iron calipers by bolting on aluminum calipers.

That being said; if I were starting from scratch and wanted the bolt on aluminum caliper I would make the investment.

Rich:drink:

Forget the unsprung weight, the real bonus is in the PISTONS. stainless pistons, open ended design. Much less heat trasnfer, no more air pumping, no leaking lip seals. These things make all the o ring kits and whatever out there obsolete. The stock calipers have become nothing but landfill overnight.

Forget the unsprung weight, the real bonus is in the PISTONS. stainless pistons, open ended design. Much less heat trasnfer, no more air pumping, no leaking lip seals. These things make all the o ring kits and whatever out there obsolete. The stock calipers have become nothing but landfill overnight.

Damn straight. I can't believe some people pretend like the stock calipers haven't been the number 1 achillies heel of the C2 and C3 for the past 45 years.

I wonder how many crashes, injuries, deaths the crummy stock brakes are responsible for. Have some people not seen the 10,000+ threads about low brake pedal, spongy brakes, having to continually bleed and baby these things. Having to continually mess with shimming the rotors to get 0.00001 runout so these stupid things will work. Now the average C3er can bolt state of the art calipers to their car in minutes for not that much more money than the stainless lined boat anchors.

Most people spend more than that on engine chrome or other silly crap.

Last edited:
Wow i completely agree with you, especially on that last line. I can't even remember how many times I've posted on CF wondering why people would spend thousands on engine stuff and then considering some proper shocks expensive and installing cheap junk KYB shocks. Amazing! I still don't understand that.

Wow i completely agree with you, especially on that last line. I can't even remember how many times I've posted on CF wondering why people would spend thousands on engine stuff and then considering some proper shocks expensive and installing cheap junk KYB shocks. Amazing! I still don't understand that.

My dad is exactly like that

So turtle, are you going to swap your dynalites for these?