How are things going over on the other side of the pond ?

My annuity has shrunk 15%. Other than that, I'm okay. I bought my house in 1975.

My annuity has shrunk 15%. Other than that, I'm okay. I bought my house in 1975.

i thought annuities were fixed. I thought that was the whole point to provide a steady income.

My annuity, part of my IBEW retirement, is invested in the market. I have two of them. One I transferred the balance to fixed income, the other is locked in for 12 months, and then, if anything is left out of my $50,000, I can move it. Sucks, huh?

My house is down $100000 from it's high back in 2006 - still I'm not upside down on the loan and my monthly mortgage payment is still the same that it was 3 years ago.... I wonder if my property tax is going down now that the value is lower :D:lol:

I wonder if my property tax is going down now that the value is lower :D:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah Right,thats a good one :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if my property tax is going down now that the value is lower :D:lol:

Yeah Right,thats a good one :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep. Mine went up this year.:bullshit:

You can dispute this…I have gotten it lowered before[/QUOTE]

I am under prop 13. They raise it the max every year, since mine was frozen years ago. I pay about 20% of what new buyers pay. I am not even going to try. I'll f--k it up even worse.

Thanks to some VERY bad business decisions some ten years ago for a couple years, I FINALLY GOT LUCKY and reverse mortgaged the house about 6 months ago......so no more payments......I have no retirement other than SS, so therefore nothing to worry about, Florida actually reduced my prop taxes something like 800 bux/yesr now...not so evil....electric is only a TOPS of 200/month, wife stays home working her own book keeping business, so our gas/auto expense is about nothing, insurance is 100/month so as long as her clients can hang in there she should be fine, sure beats driving to some job about 40 miles one way then pai 15 bux TOPS/hr.......I will and can do home remodeling still, but dont bother with any licenses and crap anymore as not enough business, interest anymore......I could care less....:zzz::zzz::harhar::trumpet:

Jeff there b2b is in the catbird's seat, shit, even if he knocked 100 grand off his house and moved, he could easy poocket 300 grand and buy a nice house in cheap land.....

Things couldn't be better :drink: How are things on your side of the pond :D

Well, things were better :crutches:. There were a couple of big banks that went into deep trouble and put all of are savings on the line. The government put in some money and guaranteed a certain amount. I had some stocks that are virtually worthless and then some 'bonds' (not sure if that was the term in English) which were guaranteed on the capital itself, but when everything is failing these are probably on the line too.

Anyway, untill now I managed to keep the loss down to about 5000 €, but if the economy start taking a fall i'm going to loose more. :(

Jeff there b2b is in the catbird's seat, shit, even if he knocked 100 grand off his house and moved, he could easy poocket 300 grand and buy a nice house in cheap land.....

That be the plan Stan. Now where is a different story. I hate cold, and the Mrs hates heat.:banghead:

That be the plan Stan. Now where is a different story. I hate cold, and the Mrs hates heat.:banghead:

Well, you in about the most ideal climate in the world there, so anything else is a compromise......I only been through LA, hardly enough to comment with, but some 25 years ago visited SDiego for a couple weeks and so it was very fine alright.....

Jax Florida is not so awful evil, and still affordable, west coast is great with the same breezes and sunsets you all get, but no mountains....obviously.....

GREAT offshore fisnin' though, you can't catch fish there, you need dynomite......which is MY solution...