Toyota caught cheating at NASCAR

Well, I live about 2 hours from Daytona, maybe less, actually, and so I have seen just ONE Nascar race in my life....it was interesting, but not that I"d bother to go back, I had a pit pass too, and believe it or not, they goofed for over an hour, and I got past the second fence to stand right behind all the names, fron #3 on down the list....had to have a 8x11 neck chain sign on, but I just folded my arms with my jacket closed in front, and that let me get away with it for a while....

:thumbs:

When NASCAR allowed Toyota to design a "purpose built" race motor, they put everyone else at a disadvantage.

It's hard to imagine that NASCAR didn't see it (cheating) coming :wink:

U mean it's NOT based on that 5.8? engine they have in their trucks....I see badges of that or close for engine sizes.....

I know Dodge is restricted to the 340-360 engines even though they not in production anymore, HEMI is not allowed....

so no LS engines either I guess.....

see why I not bother....soon as I heard of that restrictor plate crap and a carb on top, that's not racing.....Iknow they not wanting too much computer useage for their racing, so no DPFI, but to me, that's just silly.....let the cats roam....

:shocking:

No, they actually took the best of all other manuf. ideas and combined it in a winning package...go figure!

NASCAR has gone down hill since #3 is gone….

Yep, I was watching that race live too. Very sad. NASCAR made 3 BILLION $$ profit in 2007. It's all about the $$now. I refuse to get cable to watch it now.
I AM glad it's popular, but it is SO F..n commercial now it's disgusting. :banghead:

NASCAR has gone down hill since #3 is gone….

Yep, I was watching that race live too. Very sad. NASCAR made 3 BILLION $$ profit in 2007. It's all about the $$now. I refuse to get cable to watch it now.
I AM glad it's popular, but it is SO F..n commercial now it's disgusting. :banghead:

Yep, downhill since #3 left us. Used to love to watch everyrace. Now, I almost forget to get the resluts of the races from Sunday. Sorry state :cry:

I am a little confused. How did the two magnets hide how much horse power the engine had?

They were under the GAS LINE not the gas pedal, so they changed the polarity of the fuel molecules for less power but more MPG....

Jeez, don't U no nuttin' honey???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::harhar::trumpet::chinese:

When NASCAR allowed Toyota to design a "purpose built" race motor, they put everyone else at a disadvantage.

It's hard to imagine that NASCAR didn't see it (cheating) coming :wink:

Dodge design one too, as did chevy, ford is the only non purpose built motor

Dodge is coming out with a new one soon

The SB2 and S2.2 heads are purpose built, however the short block still retains much of the SBC.

I am a little confused. How did the two magnets hide how much horse power the engine had?

They were under the GAS LINE not the gas pedal, so they changed the polarity of the fuel molecules for less power but more MPG....

That makes more sense. I was just reading what the atical said.
NASCAR inspectors found magnets under the gas pedals of the No. 18 and No. 20 Toyota's when the cars were sent to the chassis dyno following Saturday's race at Michigan International Speedway.

The magnets prevent the throttle plates from opening all the way.

That makes more sense. I was just reading what the atical said.
NASCAR inspectors found magnets under the gas pedals of the No. 18 and No. 20 Toyota's when the cars were sent to the chassis dyno following Saturday's race at Michigan International Speedway.

It's not like they are the only people that have cheated / are cheating

It's part of racing

Thats true but everyone has to complain and make a big deal out of it when Toyota gets caught because it is Toyota and sooner or latter they will domanate Nascar like every other sereis they get into.

It really doesn't bother me. When Nascar sold out to Nextel then started changing things I quit watching and caring.