Deer in the Headlights....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
The Stars thread got me going on this idea that should run forever....

we post about everyday occurrences where we say for do something NORMAL, that leaves the less 'swift' in the backwash....

like asking a kid to make change at the counter....without the aid of the computer.....for instance.....

GO....:stirpot::trumpet::harhar::D

The kid bagging grocieries at the store.
kid: would you like your milk in a bag

me: no leave it in the jug,the bags leak some times

kid: :confused2: stands there and stares at the bag and milk container.

me: :lol:

Or this one.
Cashier says that will be $5.00 dollars,i hand them a $10.00 and say all i have is this $100.00 dollar bill,thay make change for a $100.00 :sos: lucky for them i'm honest.

ME: I'd like a Number One please...

FAST-FOOD WORKER: Would you like to eat it here or take it with you?

ME: Well.............with any luck, I'd like to do both.:smash:

FAST-FOOD WORKER: Huh?

Last edited:
I saw a little computer at the quickystore to verify ages for buying cigarettes. You place the driver's license in the slot, enter the date of birth on the keyboard, press 'enter' and it would tell the cashier if the person was 18 or not.......

Guess the little girl had to ask.

I am a fairly big guy...had my son with me at the grocery store...maybe 3 or four bags of groceries. Litlle girl ( 5' 90lbs soaking wet?) who bagged asked if I needed help getting the groceries to the car...I said, yea, I dont think me and my son can handle those bags...she kinda looked down with a red face while the checker chuckled.

So when we get out into the parking lot, my son tells me that they are required to ask:smash:

TACO BELL WORKER:May I take your order?
ME:Yes, I would like 4 tacos with very little lettuce.
TACO BELL WORKER: [long pause...........]We don't have little lettuce, we only have regular size lettuce.
ME:[long pause.........]Oooohhh Kaaayyy. :bonkers:

TACO BELL WORKER:May I take your order?
ME:Yes, I would like 4 tacos with very little lettuce.
TACO BELL WORKER: [long pause...........]We don't have little lettuce, we only have regular size lettuce.
ME:[long pause.........]Oooohhh Kaaayyy. :bonkers:

Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....LMFAO

Now that is funny!

I took my Dodge to the service center yesterday as the A/C's blowing about the same temp as the sun.

Jingly: How many kilos on your car sir?
Me: 42 thousand
Jingly: Very good sir, we will diagnose the problem but it will be covered by warranty.
Me: Oh, I thought the warranty was 3 years or 60,000 k's, which ever came first??
Jingly: Yes sir, that's correct.
Me: but I've had it over three years.
Jingly: (in a voice reserved for retarded children) Yes sir but you have not drive it more than 60,000 kilo's.

I phoned them today and was told that the compressor's knackered. They haven't started the job as they don't have a new compressor but they have started a job card and it IS covered by warranty :confused:

Last edited:
Just got back from the grocery store.....Watching the spike-haired kid sack my groceries putting the eggs under the cantalope while talking to himself, I thought of this thread. Then as he turned around to put the bag in my cart, I saw the scarred dent on his skull and realized this young man had had a brain injury. The local groccery stores are very good about hiring, shall we be politically correct and say, "mentally disabled" people. Good for them, good for him.
But it got me to thinking....Yes many people, especially younger ones, are too stupid & lazy to learn or care. But why should they? With Bush's "No child left a dime" policy, the entire class must be dragged down to the abilities of the slowest &/or laziest ones. Those who want to learn & excel are the ones who are punished. This policy is in the best interests of the corporatocracy ---A pacified, uneducated, entertained society will not/cannot think for itself & therefor cannot rise up to rebel. Thinking & working are, well, hard work. As long as they have a full tummy & and bright flashing lights to keep them occupied, they will be happy & content. It's so much easier to be told what to think & do. The rulers will become (more) rich & powerful, the populace will be their serfs. Give me cheap Big Macs, Mountain Dew by the gallon & 100 channels of cable TV & you can do whatever you want to me. It is not just "a sign of the times", it is a carefully thought out, long term plan which is successfully being implemented.
Yes it is a very sad & scary time we live in.....
But keep in mind, some of these 'stupid' people have legitimate reasons as well--There is a group home for mentally handicapped people somewhere in my neighborhood and it is not uncommon to see people who act strange walking by the house.
And then there's people like me who did too many drugs in their youth....... Boy I've probably lost 25% of my brain power from that. That's like, what? Half? I often can't remember--uh--uh--what's the word? Oh yeah, "word"! I often can't recall words & have a hellofa time with faces & names...
But I'm not stupid.....Am I?

Crazy, no doubt. But stupid?

I leave you with this quote, I'll let you identify it....

"WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"

John

Last edited:
Just got back from the grocery store.....Watching the spike-haired kid sack my groceries putting the eggs under the cantalope while talking to himself, I thought of this thread. Then as he turned around to put the bag in my cart, I saw the scarred dent on his skull and realized this young man had had a brain injury. The local groccery stores are very good about hiring, shall we be politically correct and say, "mentally disabled" people. Good for them, good for him.
But it got me to thinking....Yes many people, especially younger ones, are too stupid & lazy to learn or care. But why should they? With Bush's "No child left a dime" policy, the entire class must be dragged down to the abilities of the slowest &/or laziest ones. Those who want to learn & excel are the ones who are punished. This policy is in the best interests of the corporatocracy ---A pacified, uneducated, entertained society will not/cannot think for itself & therefor cannot rise up to rebel. Thinking & working are, well, hard work. As long as they have a full tummy & and bright flashing lights to keep them occupied, they will be happy & content. It's so much easier to be told what to think & do. The rulers will become (more) rich & powerful, the populace will be their serfs. Give me cheap Big Macs, Mountain Dew by the gallon & 100 channels of cable TV & you can do whatever you want to me. It is not just "a sign of the times", it is a carefully thought out, long term plan which is successfully being implemented.
Yes it is a very sad & scary time we live in.....
But keep in mind, some of these 'stupid' people have legitimate reasons as well--There is a group home for mentally handicapped people somewhere in my neighborhood and it is not uncommon to see people who act strange walking by the house.
And then there's people like me who did too many drugs in their youth....... Boy I've probably lost 25% of my brain power from that. That's like, what? Half? I often can't remember--uh--uh--what's the word? Oh yeah, "word"! I often can't recall words & have a hellofa time with faces & names...
But I'm not stupid.....Am I?

Crazy, no doubt. But stupid?

I leave you with this quote, I'll let you identify it....

"WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"

John

PUI?? but in all seriousness I have a MUCH older sis, by 13 years...I am age 64 so obviously she is just turned 77, well guess what??? I have a totally useless nephew who does nothing but antagonize her, and so lives with her and is totally dependant on her....at age 53 or so....

sears as Rowbuck....he not worth a flip to anyone.....fried brain with drugs at age 13-15 and totally arrested development since then....

his father died in '85, leaving her a widow, OUR father died in '86 leaving mom and her both widows within 3 months of each other....

talk of fucked up families with SO much promise, i'ts amazing....totally...
her daughter, my neice is about a failure too, but for the alimony....
nitwit can't even get her nursing skill up to date enough to get a JOB, so she dicks around in a flower shop for ten bux/hour in WASHINGTONFUCKING DC....not worth the GodDAMN gas to go to work.....

MY damn family is very good at snatching failure from the jaws of success....

I can see a lot of that the ex was saying, that our mother, had a LOT invested in our failure....interesting comment, and gotta admit some truth to that....

So both my kids majored in child psych....maybe they can make sense of it....

but not talked at length over their latest visit with my sis and nephew in New Mexico yet....so dunno their complete thought yet....

but the comments are NOT positive.....

stay tuned, or not...

:bonkers::bonkers::bonkers::waxer::flash::search:

Talking to my friends at the car shop last night, they told me about this girl who came in to get her car fixed yesterday. When they asked her what the problem was, she replied, "The chickenchilada." The what?? "The chickenchilada," she says. What in the world is the 'chickenchilada'? She had no idea, all she knew was that her boyfriend had told her that was what was wrong with the car.
After a few minutes of getting nowhere, she pulled out her cellphone and called her boy friend. In a thick Mexican accent he says, "check engine light on".......

Last edited:
Those who want to learn & excel are the ones who are punished. This policy is in the best interests of the corporatocracy ---A pacified, uneducated, entertained society will not/cannot think for itself & therefor cannot rise up to rebel. Thinking & working are, well, hard work. As long as they have a full tummy & and bright flashing lights to keep them occupied, they will be happy & content. It's so much easier to be told what to think & do. The rulers will become (more) rich & powerful, the populace will be their serfs. John

!00% CORRECT. If you look around with your eyes WIDE, you'll see that the Gov is not really running things. IMHO there are 5 or 6 guys that ARE the real power in this country. Not totally sure who they are, but they are there.

If they get their way, the people of this country will become brainless, mindless idiots that are unable to think for themselves. If someone says, "Go stand in that line" they'll do it, without thinking about why. But it gives the control to those 5 or 6 guys. They want a "One World" economy. The US used to be the richest country on the planet- that's been given away a little at a time. Sold in little parts. The real reason they haven't closed the borders? Money. They make more by giving it to the illegals.
(I can't find the smiley for "off Rant")

I personally take mostly honors classes

I've been in some regular classes, they make them very very easy

I dunno, maybe I'm just an ass hole, but....."Deer in the headlights"???

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

and

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

just pick one at random, it don't make much difference....

(I keep telling myself, "Don't drink & post, don't drink & post"....Is that what "PUI" means, "Posting Under the Influence"? I told ya I burnt out a lot of brain cells earlier.....)

Whew! thats alot of deer there,maybe if we can get them to knock off their leader the herd my start thinking for itself :shocking:

"Thinking"....that's the key word......

But---like, "Why?" For gods' sake, WHY??? I mean, like, ewwww! That's, like, WORK or something......

NO, no---wait a minute--breathe deep....... shit, I just realized:

--Keep them all in one place, keep them contained & happy together--otherwise they might start migrating here en mass. The ones that evolve, those few who grow lungs, legs, and crawl up onto the shore & ultimately develope cerebral cortexes, they will find their way here on their own. Leave the rest alone. Don't entice them. After all, the food chain must remain intact or we all die.....

See, it's all part of the master plan after all isn't it?

In my opinion the school system should be privatized....

"Thinking"....that's the key word......

But---like, "Why?" For gods' sake, WHY??? I mean, like, ewwww! That's, like, WORK or something......

NO, no---wait a minute--breathe deep....... shit, I just realized:

--Keep them all in one place, keep them contained & happy together--otherwise they might start migrating here en mass. The ones that evolve, those few who grow lungs, legs, and crawl up onto the shore & ultimately develope cerebral cortexes, they will find their way here on their own. Leave the rest alone. Don't entice them. After all, the food chain must remain intact or we all die.....

See, it's all part of the master plan after all isn't it?

That's right,Mother natures way of thinning the herd,the strong will evolve and survive,the weak or followers will not evolve and will eventually die off.