Florida vette cruise....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
I am thinking of a north eastern region and extended regions cruise in maybe in October, when the weather breaks a bit.....

just a general topic to see any interest at this time....open to any and all folks regardless of forums....but only posted here....

open to suggestions as to travel plans, and accommodations, we can cruise to anywhere reasonable on account of gas time and oil....GTO....

figger maybe Savannah...on the northern end and St. Augustine on the southern end maybe??

trying to stay clear of the tourist traps.....

then there is OUR (wife/me) favorite spot....about straight west of us....Cedar Key Florida...on the gulf coast...any and all are in the tossup as well as any other suggestions of course.....:yahoo:

The gulf coast is a lot nicer than the east coast :thumbs:

I have not been to the coast north of Clearwater, seems to be very rural until you get to the panhandle.

October/Nover is a good time as it will attract members from GA, SC, NC where it's getting cold that time of the year.

Awesome idea, I'm in :thumbs:

The gulf coast is a lot nicer than the east coast :thumbs:

I have not been to the coast north of Clearwater, seems to be very rural until you get to the panhandle.

October/Nover is a good time as it will attract members from GA, SC, NC where it's getting cold that time of the year.

Awesome idea, I'm in :thumbs:

I just opening a thread, all suggestions are on the table...and yes the gulf coast is nice, but the attractions of St Augustine and Savannah are good also....but as we know, the driving distances here are HORRENDOUS....on a scale of California or better, depending....

:ghost:

Savannah is 250 miles from Orlando, no chance in hell we can get members from Miami/Lauderdale/FtMyers to meet on lets say a Saturday AM and then drive to Savannah and have everybody back home ready to go to work Monday AM...

If this is going to be a Florida cruise and meet I suggest meeting in a central location like either Tampa/Clearwater or CocoaBeach.... then cruise either the east or west coast....

Quick and easy: let's meet one Saturday around noon.... meet and greet.... that might take two hours or so.... then cruise a little, have dinner , stay over night, have breakfasst, cruise the beach, take photos with lots of Vettes and VM members... then drive back home around 2 or 3 PM.....

Maybe Nov/Dec when it's not as hot ???

bump TTT

I like the idea....we need a east coast get together :1st:

Any other members in driving distance ?????

The St. Augustine or Daytona would be good for me. The gulf coast area makes for a longer ride from Georgia. I'm interested!

You guy's are wearing me out. I think you need to move these cruises closer to the mid-west.I'm leaving next week for the Darrow/Bird run.

Well, you know, Titusville, where Ecklers used to be, I heard they moved the operation though.....

and so maybe a space shot weekend?? I saw one once....hell of a ground pounder....lotsa horsepower......

some hotels, have to plan ahead.....

Daytona is decent and central location....but it's further south by about 2? hours than say Jax.....

Gene,

Trying to plan around a shuttle launch would take a lot of planning around NASA's projected launch. How far out would you need to schedule hotels? Hell if were going to Titusville we might as well plan a cruise. :beer: There pretty cheap in October.

I didn't realize that Ecklers moved? Went there last year, and it was not what I expected.

Ecklers moved across the parking lot, approximately 100 yards further south from their old showroom.... I was just there last Saturday, the new showroom is nice and I got caught in the rain on my way back home... need to fix the wiper motor and get new blades... :blush:

Ecklers moved across the parking lot, approximately 100 yards further south from their old showroom.... I was just there last Saturday, the new showroom is nice and I got caught in the rain on my way back home... need to fix the wiper motor and get new blades... :blush:

Damn wiper blades, bad issue with me, hard time finding the crap, just the rubber inserts, and not the whole damn metal stamping parts for 30 bux or whatever they feel like ripping us for....just the rubber part....lousey 3 bux each IF you can find them on the shelf....fuckers.....

and too boot, something about this southern SUN that rips them up, I get maybe a year out of a set, used to get 5-6 our of them up north.....

:stirpot::chinese:

It appears that most of the California members know each other ... we better get this east coast cruise going....

who else is interested ??

Gene,

Count me in. The wife said make it a guys out weekend. Shes not riding that long in the vette. I think she feels that the vette gets more attention, & money spent on it lately.

Gene,

Count me in. The wife said make it a guys out weekend. Shes not riding that long in the vette. I think she feels that the vette gets more attention, & money spent on it lately.

MY wife KNOWS that, but she got her grandkids to keep her happy.....:pprrtt::shocking::gurney:

Hey guys, Oct 8th is a 130 AM, that's night time scheduled launch of a shuttle....

then another for Nov 11th.....didn't catch the time.....NASA site on net has the schedules.....

I think it would be cool to try catching the night launch.....but I note that is a freeking wednesday...worst day of the week for anyone working, but I"m retired so don't care....

:censored: