PDA

View Full Version : C3 myths

Belgian1979vette
06-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I saw this somewhere else, and some of the answers were really funny, so here goes mine :

That car will be restored with 10000 $ ....

Twin_Turbo
06-09-2008, 11:22 AM
All people driving C3s are nice people :1st:

kwplot34
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
c3's with dual alternators are rare :lol::lol:

big2bird
06-09-2008, 01:18 PM
My vette has 1,000HP and gets 30MPG.:huh:

crazyhorse
06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Mine is faster than THIS F14.....proof...

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Luster
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
C3's are roomy, comfortable and ride like a Cadillac!!! :bullshit::lol::amused:

Luster
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
C3 T-Tops don't leak.

Oh my gosh.

Luster
06-09-2008, 03:04 PM
In a C3, you will hear no wind noise and you will have a QUIET, peaceful journey.:bonkers:

JPhil
06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
The more you talk about them, the more you know.

mrvette
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
In a C3, you will hear no wind noise and you will have a QUIET, peaceful journey.:bonkers:

Yeh, I don't even hear that 18 wheeler next to me at 80 mph...and that's with the TOP DOWN??? can you hear me now???

:shocking:

another one is.....It's just a chebby, all the parts interchange.....don't they???

:gurney::pprrtt:

BRUTAL64
06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I actually had a guy tell me this.

Due to the oil embargo in 74 some Corvettes were were made with Alumimun
bodies.:eek:

SmokeyVette
06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
I was talking with a guy at a car show. This is how the convo went.

Him: "Looks like you are working on it, it looks good, how did you get centerbolt valve covers to work on this car?"
Me: "They are for Vortec heads..."
Him: "Oh, ok"
Me: (long awkward pause) "So.....you into corvettes?"
Him: "Yeah, I used to own one, an '85"
Me: "Oh really, nice, I kinda like the C4's they get a bad rap because some of them were slow but they handled good and were decently fast."
Him: "Yeah, it was all right, it wouldn't spin the tires but what do you expect out of a V-6?"
Me: "V-6?????"
Him: "Yeah, it was just a base model with the little V-6, nothing special."
Me: "Uhhhh, their has NEVER been a V-6 in a corvette from the factory."
Him: "Yeah there was, they did it in '84 and '85, but they didn't sell too well so they shit-canned the V-6."
Me: "Uh....ok....well.......I've got to go.....uh....over there, see ya 'round.":confused::confused:

mrvette
06-11-2008, 01:35 AM

Him: "Looks like you are working on it, it looks good, how did you get centerbolt valve covers to work on this car?"
Me: "Oh really, nice, I kinda like the C4's they get a bad rap because some of them were slow but they handled good and were decently fast."
Him: "Yeah, it was all right, it wouldn't spin the tires but what do you expect out of a V-6?"
Him: "Yeah there was, they did it in '84 and '85, but they didn't sell too well so they shit-canned the V-6."
Me: "Uh....ok....well.......I've got to go.....uh....over there, see ya 'round.":confused::confused:

Nah, no way, U serious??

:bs::nuts:

SmokeyVette
06-11-2008, 01:38 AM
He swore it was a V-6.

SmokinBBC
06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
You can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk of a '70.

C3's have plenty of head room but only if you have a tllt steering wheel.

1975 base vette came rated at 1165hp....chevy just left off a 1 in the owner's manual.

Chevy added the tray in the jack compartment so the druggies could have extra hidden storage space.

The protecto plate was really a "get out of jail free card".

In the 73 production year, the assembly factory ran out of chrome front bumpers, so they just shipped the vettes without them.

Luster
06-11-2008, 02:42 AM
"Yeah, it was just a base model with the little V-6, nothing special."

I've heard just about every C3 story at car shows.

Similar one to yours....

Him: I used to have one just like this except it was a big block ('82 Crossfire)...

Me: You must have swapped the engine.

Him: No....... this one was completely stock. Ordered it brand new.

Me: Really?

Him: Yeah, it was BAD-ASS.

Me: I'll bet.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

big2bird
06-11-2008, 03:09 AM
The largest C-3 myth of all. :suicide:
All C-3's are up on blocks, except Turtle's. :eek:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SMYDA
06-11-2008, 03:27 AM
I once had a "Car Salesman"................
At a "Chevy Dealer"...........................
That I was working at......................

Tell me that "ALL" Corvette engines are "Hand Built"......:rolleyes:

Define................"Hand Built" :)

kwplot34
06-11-2008, 04:00 AM
I once had a "Car Salesman"................
At a "Chevy Dealer"...........................
That I was working at......................

Tell me that "ALL" Corvette engines are "Hand Built"......:rolleyes:

Define................"Hand Built" :)

They were all built by a guy whose name was Hand! you know him as Mr Hand.From fast times at ridgemont high,or was it that other Mr Hand from saturday night live,that always squished Mr Bill and his dog :quote:

Cherry
06-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Oh shit , oh shit , your spreading myths,, I'd call that a ""engineered"" c-3 myth! tell the truth now.

saudivette
06-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I'll pull it off the road for the weekend so I can quickly repair/replace that leaking/broken ........................ (insert component of choice). Shouldn't take me long...

:(

JPhil
06-13-2008, 12:06 AM
"I'll be in in just a minute, honey!"

SMYDA
06-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Promise that our Daughter's 4x4 and the Son's Ski Boat will
be finished before one wrench gets turn on that Vette :huh:

Luster
06-13-2008, 01:03 AM
"I'll be in in just a minute, honey!"

Yep!!! Guilty here!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

big2bird
06-13-2008, 01:07 AM
"I'm almost done with it.":suicide:

enkeivette
06-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I've heard that because the radiator is set back at a 45 degree angle, the C3 cannot be hit with a radar gun. I can attest to this not being true.

I can do you one better. I was watching the Gumball 3000 video, and the camera crew walks up to this guy with a V6 Mustang (one tail pipe) that had the Nissan GTR badge on it and it had an awful gaudy body kit. They start asking him about his car and he claims that it's turbocharged. The crew asks him (in a patronizing manner) "What kind of intercooler are you running?" And he says "uhh... the one that came with it." Then they ask "This is a rotary right?" He says "Yeah" They specify "A rotary with pistons and everything?" He says "Yeah, yeah." :suicide:

mrvette
06-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I've heard that because the radiator is set back at a 45 degree angle, the C3 cannot be hit with a radar gun. I can attest to this not being true.

I can do you one better. I was watching the Gumball 3000 video, and the camera crew walks up to this guy with a V6 Mustang (one tail pipe) that had the Nissan GTR badge on it and it had an awful gaudy body kit. They start asking him about his car and he claims that it's turbocharged. The crew asks him (in a patronizing manner) "What kind of intercooler are you running?" And he says "uhh... the one that came with it." Then they ask "This is a rotary right?" He says "Yeah" They specify "A rotary with pistons and everything?" He says "Yeah, yeah." :suicide:

THAT ought to make Dr. Wanker proud.....

:shocking: