Wiper door

COLE SWEAT

Getting rid of all vac controlled items, hydra boost, elect headlight actuators & vintage air. Does anyone have any thoughts on the wiper door?

I like the door, don't want the long hood.

also has anyone moved the wiper motor in the wiper well. I am after a smooth fire wall

There is a thread by Richard454 on another forum that describes how to convert the wiper door to an electric motor. I'll find it and post here.

John

Getting rid of all vac controlled items, hydra boost, elect headlight actuators & vintage air. Does anyone have any thoughts on the wiper door?

I like the door, don't want the long hood.

also has anyone moved the wiper motor in the wiper well. I am after a smooth fire wall

Did a 6" lin actuator some years ago, 4" would work I suspect.....but unsure of it going in the wiper trough/valley....I know the 6" will not as I looked at it back when.....I forget the length of the throw needed......

:friends:

Just a thought I had about putting the entire actuator and mechanism in the well when I was building mine.
If it ever fails closed, it will be a pain to get out.

Just a thought I had about putting the entire actuator and mechanism in the well when I was building mine.
If it ever fails closed, it will be a pain to get out.

UMMMM.....GOOD point!!!!! maybe a pin and keeper?? reach in through a hole with long nose pliers, and put a cover on the hole if holes offend you.....

:crutches:

It should be doable. I stripped off the scissor mechanism and connected the linear actuator directly to the arm off the cross shaft. You only need a couple inches of travel. If you cant find a short one to fit longitudinally, you could fab a bell crank type mechanism and mount it sideways.....what I was planning to do.