turn signals - electrical nightmare

MYBAD79

mustang: turn signals usec to be kinda slow, been like that for over two years.... now suddenly the turn signals are fast (just like when one bulb died).... all bulbs are fine, I hope it's just the flasher and nothing expensive .... I don't like electrical problems (can you tell ??)
ideas ????

you have a better ground, before it'd have just enough volts to light, but not enough to trip the fuse in the signal relay... now you do... and that could be good news (good ground) or bad news (a short)

you have a better ground, before it'd have just enough volts to light, but not enough to trip the fuse in the signal relay... now you do... and that could be good news (good ground) or bad news (a short) or bad news (bad alternator)

fire the car up, turn lights, 4 ways on, and press the brakes.... do any lights go out? before you press the brakes, are any lights going bright/dim/bright/dim; you might have a bad ground. Test the voltage from the alternator - more then 15.5 is too much

now that I figured out your problem, you can come over and figure out why my signals don't flash on my C3 :D

now that I figured out your problem, you can come over and figure out why my signals don't flash on my C3 :D

send me a ticket and I'll be on my way.... but I warn you, I can rebuild an engine, I can weld, do bodywork, paint, run a lathe, mill, whatsoever..... but I suck at anything that has a wire attached to it LOL

you have a better ground, before it'd have just enough volts to light, but not enough to trip the fuse in the signal relay... now you do... and that could be good news (good ground) or bad news (a short) or bad news (bad alternator)

fire the car up, turn lights, 4 ways on, and press the brakes.... do any lights go out? before you press the brakes, are any lights going bright/dim/bright/dim; you might have a bad ground. Test the voltage from the alternator - more then 15.5 is too much

although I don't do electrical work (allergy) I own a Multimeter (HomeDepot) ...and I'll check voltage tomorrow after work.....

Ah you guys get nervous as a school gal getting laid for the first time, bunch of woosies with a little electrickery.....nothing but a wire, worst it can do is jump out and kill you....

:devil::shocking::shocking:

Ah you guys get nervous as a school gal getting laid for the first time, bunch of woosies with a little electrickery.....nothing but a wire, worst it can do is jump out and kill you....

:devil::shocking::shocking:

correction, burn you to death from the inside out :shocking:

mustang: turn signals usec to be kinda slow, been like that for over two years.... now suddenly the turn signals are fast (just like when one bulb died).... all bulbs are fine, I hope it's just the flasher and nothing expensive .... I don't like electrical problems (can you tell ??)
ideas ????

What year Mustang?

I just had a similar issue with a ford contour. An internet search brought up a "multi-function" switch located under the steering column cover. The owner of the contour never followed through with the repair so I don't know if that was the culprit or not.

The easiest thing to do to start is to replace the flasher in any vehicle you own with an electromechanical flasher similar to a Tridon EL12 (2prong) or a Tridon EL13 (3prong). Around 6 bucks discount or 10 bucks at Advance Auto etc.

These don't need circuit feedback, your system doesn't start acting goofy when one or more signals don't work. They will flash the same speed all the way up to 10 or more bulbs (trailers).

What makes them really nice for trouble shooting is that even if only 1 bulb is good it will still flash the good bulb, so you can go around and identify the failed bulbs/wiring to repair.

got a new flasher today and that fixed it ... I was a little concerned because this started just after I painted the car.... I was worried I might have ripped a ground wire when I took the lights off the car ....

easy and cheap fix: 6.99 plus tax.... and that was the medium grade part, they had one for 3.99, one for 6.99 and one for 9.99 :D

got a new flasher today and that fixed it ... I was a little concerned because this started just after I painted the car.... I was worried I might have ripped a ground wire when I took the lights off the car ....

easy and cheap fix: 6.99 plus tax.... and that was the medium grade part, they had one for 3.99, one for 6.99 and one for 9.99 :D

:crutches: I"m a cheep bastard, I bought the 4 dollar one....it werks....

:devil: