Trailing Arm Bushing Tool

Kevin, I just used one of the old spindles that was already slip fitted. If you want to install new spindles you can make the setup tool from one of the old spindles.

Kevin, I just used one of the old spindles that was already slip fitted. If you want to install new spindles you can make the setup tool from one of the old spindles.

Well i am not sure what will need repaired or replaced back there yet other than bushings,bearings,seals.I have not tore into it yet and probably won't for several months. I have more than i can handle right now with the body work and paint :eek:

You'll need it twice ;) :D

Yup.... so if you want to use these made in china tools you might have to buy two of them so you can get the job done :rofl::rofl:

And the China made tool costs more than mine to boot!

So Stinger you have the bushing tool,do you also have the spindle/setup tool.
How much do you want for it all??

I won't sell my spindle/setup tool. I plan on rebuilding my arms in the future and also rebuilding them for other people if they need them rebuilt.

I can make you a bushing tool for $35 USA if you want.

You'll need it twice ;) :D

Yup.... so if you want to use these made in china tools you might have to buy two of them so you can get the job done :rofl::rofl:

And the China made tool costs more than mine to boot!

So Stinger you have the bushing tool,do you also have the spindle/setup tool.
How much do you want for it all??

I won't sell my spindle/setup tool. I plan on rebuilding my arms in the future and also rebuilding them for other people if they need them rebuilt.

I can make you a bushing tool for $35 USA if you want.

OK build me one. send me a PM with address and payment info please.

Making that tool out of that really thick plate was a bitch to make. I'll sell the tool made from 1/2'' plate for $35 US. I'll have to decide on a price for the really beefy one like the picture above...but I can make it like that if you like, it will just cost more.

Last edited:

Well i am not sure what will need repaired or replaced back there yet other than bushings,bearings,seals.I have not tore into it yet and probably won't for several months. I have more than i can handle right now with the body work and paint :eek:

After I removed the old trailing arms from the '79 I'm going to disassemble them and see if the driver side spindle is useable for a setup tool. I know the passenger side spindle is bad (threads are f'ed up)... I could cut the bearing surfaces down and slip fit one of these so you can use that as a setup tool.
When you take yours apart, keep the old bearing races and grind the OD down a little... they're excellent to drive the new races into the carrier. I will have a few extras after I took these arms apart....

I made two more like the one pictured below (the really beefy ones). I will sell them for $40 US each.

DSC04056.jpg