Post your crossfire porting jobs here!

Joe Dirt

If you have any pictures or advice on how to port the intake let me know. will start porting once my extra intake gets here.

Try to find Dan Plett /Lionsden's website, he has good pics of a porting job there.

Maybe I can get pics for you from the guy who bought my old manifold, I'll ask him

What was the purpose for removing the swirl plates? Just a restriction? I've seen people leave them in but grind them down to almost nothing.

Yeah, and they stick down into the plenum quite a bit and there's next to no room just below them, especially on the side where the runner top covers most of the hole.

If you remove them, there's an ugly ridge in the top plate, the guy that bought my manifold (the one above) radiused the entire hole. I wanted to do that but was too lazy (even though I posted a small article about it on the cfi site back then LOL)

On the inside of the manifold, how much should be cut back or grinded down to shorten the runner?:confused:

I don't want to start porting until I have all the info I can get on this manifold.