Midwest Quake

Glad to hear you guys are OK......:thumbs:

As a kid I got to experience an earthquake..........was awaken early one
morning by what felt and sounded like a freight train passing through the
bedroom........ I was living in Pasadena, CA. one block off Orange Grove
(believe that was the name) that street the Rose Bowl parade is on every year.
Think it was February 1971 if I remember right ........ 9.1 on the scale ??????

Correct me if I wrong on date and reading ............... Any of you Cali dudes remember that one? :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Glad to hear you guys are OK......:thumbs:

As a kid I got to experience an earthquake..........was awaken early one
morning by what felt and sounded like a freight train passing through the
bedroom........ I was living in Pasadena, CA. one block off Orange Grove
(believe that was the name) that street the Rose Bowl parade is on every year.
Think it was February 1971 if I remember right ........ 9.1 on the scale ??????

Correct me if I wrong on date and reading ............... Any of you Cali dudes remember that one? :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Feb 9, 1971 The San Fernando quake was a 6.6. I was a sophomore in High School. Sloshed half of my 20 gallon fish tank on the floor. 30 miles away in Anaheim.

Feb 9, 1971 The San Fernando quake was a 6.6. I was a sophomore in High School. Sloshed half of my 20 gallon fish tank on the floor. 30 miles away in Anaheim.

Guess it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered :D 9.1 would have been a Real Rocker.
Sophomore..... :) I didn't start 1st grade till the end of '71 :bounce: then we moved to Texas in '72.

Guess it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered :D 9.1 would have been a Real Rocker.
Sophomore..... :) I didn't start 1st grade till the end of '71 :bounce: then we moved to Texas in '72.

Kids. LOL.
The only recorded quake that magnatude was Anchorage Alaska in 1964. 9.2. It was epicentered in the bay, and momentarily EMPTIED the bay. If you ever get the chance to view the rare B&W footage, watch it.

The 1971 San Fernando quake sloshed water in our pool in San Diego....out each end...

Last edited:
Not feeling anything here in KC :sweat: so keep them over on your side of the state :lol:
But the good news is it's tornado season,they will take your mind off the quakes :sos::sos:

If we don't drowned first from all the rain :suicide:

Not feeling anything here in KC :sweat: so keep them over on your side of the state :lol:
But the good news is it's tornado season,they will take your mind off the quakes :sos::sos:

If we don't drowned first from all the rain :suicide:

Well at least we don't have any Sharks attacking our azz. I just read about that poor guy in San Diego. They thought it was a Great White. :(

Well at least we don't have any Sharks attacking our azz. I just read about that poor guy in San Diego. They thought it was a Great White. :(

That is one good thing from living inland,there is nothing in our waters that will eat you.

That is one good thing from living inland,there is nothing in our waters that will eat you.

Took the kids over to the Gulf coast when first coming down here, my son got bit on the big toe by a shark.....

the shark was maybe 8" long barely rose blood, but damnit man, just damnit.....:twitch::fishing::surrender: