fancy smanchy TKO trannys

You guys see the thread on CF where it takes one second for a guy to shift his $4000 5 speed?

Yeh, I saw that, one second.....trying to correlate some experiences with that and my ancient history.....

I would say that's about normal....how fast to say ONE-one thousand?

about what it takes to shift.....

:p:pprrtt:

yeah, I wonder if he's exaggerating (yeah, what are the odds?) - I have a t-56 in my GTO that seems like it takes a second to shift, but the reality is maybe 2 or 3 tenths... but that's because my clutch doesn't disengage right.... different story for another day:crap:

I have the TKO 500 5 speed in RamJet. It shifts 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th as fast as the old Muncie. 2nd to 3rd takes a little practice. You have to let the spring load do the positioning during the shifter travel, rather than trying to slam it in that direction yourself. You will hang if you try. Back when I was young and full of piss and vinegar, I used to power shift the Muncie, without so much as a flick of the clutch. I'm to frugal now to try that. Doubt it would work on the Tremec anyway.

I have the TKO 500 5 speed in RamJet. It shifts 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th as fast as the old Muncie. 2nd to 3rd takes a little practice. You have to let the spring load do the positioning during the shifter travel, rather than trying to slam it in that direction yourself. You will hang if you try. Back when I was young and full of piss and vinegar, I used to power shift the Muncie, without so much as a flick of the clutch. I'm to frugal now to try that. Doubt it would work on the Tremec anyway.

WHAT did THAT smell like???:crap:

WHAT did THAT smell like???:crap:

They don't call me Bullshi...I mean Bullshark for nothing! :quote:

Have a TKO 600 in the 68. Never tried to see how fast I could shift it. 1-2 and 3-4 would be pretty fast I'd think since it has a short throw. I can imagine 2-3 could be a problem. 2-3 has sometimes causes me to go to 5. When I first started driving it, shifting from 5-3 occassionally resulted in 5-1.

Sometimes I take it out on city street driving just for the shifting practice. Slowing down, I often just put in in neutral, and then when I want to speed up I just press the gas pedal....forgetting that I'm not driving an auto. And after driving the manual, back in the C6 08 A6, I sometimes slap the floor with my left foot forgetting that I'm not in a manual.

Last edited: