Bloverlanding in a Blazer

not a lot of time to work on this - had to put my lawn stabber together... but I digress
BRMNPtth.jpg
to remind, a few holes in the floor
Ehc7Zlvh.jpg
thus I make bigger holes
moDD1tyh.jpg
I honestly think someone went at the floor with a pickaxe... not sure why... but it is what it is
3uijW8oh.jpg
also started putting a/c pieces on....
Q7pu0M9h.jpg
justTH4h.jpg
I need to do some adjustment to the hard lines
GqJJIiYh.jpg
as far as I got
7edwqWWh.jpg

because a day isn't complete without breathing grinding dust
VmZJKBmh.jpg
it's a lot of work to make an interior which floats
EW36U49h.jpg
this is a new one on me... look to the right of where I cut through the brace... it failed at the bend...
kwvP2Moh.jpg
in addition to this really weird rust/fail
4TUDOw3h.jpg
cut the rest of the problem area out
uiilH2wh.jpg
mark out templates
GIiXmcSh.jpg
first test fit
x9DsYroh.jpg

driver's side done
Rc5CiUbh.jpg
onward
chop out a too large piece to start the process
B7CUftTh.jpg
funny when you think you cut out a huge part then wonder if it was big enough when you offer it up
FMxwDTjh.jpg
and it's ugly
ox6BN27h.jpg
now removed
lJTqNiAh.jpg
more rusty panel removing
a1zBGtMh.jpg
going to simply build a new section
D92UCNZh.jpg
removed
V6EylZSh.jpg
still pretty easy to build - though I'm now questioning the how it happened... whether it was from water thrown forward from the wheel or leaked down. I'm starting to think the leak down isn't possible due to how the toe kick is made...
8HTdU2yh.jpg
thinking I may just section in a few pieces... the only problem with this part is the skin, everything under it is fine - which means it's a lot less work to just do the top
dLknvgth.jpg
rather then section this in, just section in the upper part and do a bit of bodywork
0wZIZNHh.jpg

Reactions: rtj
I have a 97 Tahoe with the usual (lots of) rust. I haven't checked the floor pans though.

I have a 94 with no rust in it... a lot of dents, but not rust

continuing... fitting
MzBggTxh.jpg
welding
NAGkI6Ch.jpg
painting
z8pDk3Ah.jpg
next layer
weld on seat belt nut and backing plate
8qWM0uDh.jpg
after an hour of fitting
LS6gfFAh.jpg
and I got here... i had to rebend the rail so it fit...
rWA1eyxh.jpg
oh china
2jFjkcNh.jpg

weekly update
[VIDEO]

first, make it fit.... and I didn't cut enough - so there were some 'strength' patches
qKAncUVh.jpg
a couple spots to weld left on this side
tTsaI0Sh.jpg
trim a patch, install a patch
rMAPSFGh.jpg
and the only rust on the inside (that you could see) is now patched up
ghuXyS9h.jpg

well, patching on the inside is done... next up is clean the undercarriage and undercoat it then paint the frame..
uYCuohmh.jpg
sealed and screwed in the gas filler cover
GViy1dBh.jpg
probably didn't need to seal it because it's going to be sound deadened and then raptor lined (or Durabak).

and now it gets kind of put off to the side.
SEMA is in 2 weeks (unbelievable), and I will use it to get ideas on what the inside is going to look like. I also am probably (and internally fighting this) going to rewire the truck. It has substantial electrical gremlins and a lot of corrosion... not to mention I'm adding a lot of circuits for the camper portion of this build.... but that's another thing to review at SEMA.
in the meantime, I'm going to get as far as I can with the Corvette so I can get questions and such answered while there.