Battery venting

gkz

Since batteries are maintenance free nowadays, how do you vent them in the OEM compartments? I plan on mounting a remote starter solenoid in the rear compartment.

My battery is in the compartment behind left seat, never an issue, course the grommets that used to be around the cables have been missing for over 18 years now that I"m owned it, never an issue with any 'venting'.....

now the battery in Wife's Miata was with rubber tubes, and it was in the car trunk.....

AND I have never understood the use of the 'Ford' remote starter relay on any other vehicle....

only been 50 years now....

AND I have never understood the use of the 'Ford' remote starter relay on any other vehicle....

Burn the wires going to the starter, in the middle of the night, at 70 mph on a dark, desert highway. Putting all those wires away from harm's way, and removing power from those wires except to start is a good thing.

... and don't start about "if you put your wires right" - I'll bet you've burned those wires too :shocking: :idea::)

Burn the wires going to the starter, in the middle of the night, at 70 mph on a dark, desert highway. Putting all those wires away from harm's way, and removing power from those wires except to start is a good thing.

... and don't start about "if you put your wires right" - I'll bet you've burned those wires too :shocking: :idea::)

Over 50 years of driving, maybe ONCE I had a battery cable fail at the starter end, the rest of the harnesses never gave me an issue, only issue I ever had was the black ground that I too ran to the battery terminal, so the wipers and blower did not work, I heavied up the wire and put it to the intake manifold, more power to my C4 blower on my '72.....

Actually, the Ford starter relay is a fraction of the mods that are happening. Mine is an 'early' 75, so it has the starter/seatbelt interlock stuff. Bet 1/3 of the firewall disconnects will be empty when finished. BTW, the battery wire to the starter was burned when I got the car. Just curious what everyone did about batteries.