A Pleasant & Surprising New England Day

Geoff Coenen

The Autumn leaves are in full bloom & soon will need to be cleared. Worked all day on winterizing my RV & had to grind a frozen padlock off side door of my Haulmark enclosed car trailer. And I missed a phone call from Jay Leno. Yea that Jay Leno - the gear head extraordinaire.

A few weeks ago I sent him my oOSOEZ Wiring Guides for his 1963 Fuelie Split Window and yesterday he emailed and after complimenting them and thanking me - asked for my email.

So I gave him my land line since I don't hear too good on my $19.95 Walmart flip phone. Plus my ears are still ringing after breaking in a new Sig P365X 9 mm for me & S&W M&P 380 for my wife at the range on Wednesday. Forgot my head phones and the rentals did not fit that well. Psssst I have gotten to be a pretty darn good at the second amendment. Even scotch taped a target up on the glass storm door to my office. Beware!

Jay called back after dinner and we chewed the fat about Corvettes. His 57 2x4, 63 FI, Pratt & Miller ex-C5R racer, ZR-1, Z-06. He made my day. I've only conversed with one other celebrity. That was Roy Rogers at the Wild West Rodeo held in Madison Square Garden in New York City when I was a kid eons ago.

Well now I'm back to Earth.

He seems like a genuine nice guy. Big change from the clowns that dominate late night TV these days.