Cocoa Beach photos

MYBAD79

A few of us had lunch in Cocoa today....

214a623d087b37c.jpg

The entire time we sat at the restaurant it was nice and sunny, as soon as we left that place it started raining :rain::rain::rain:

214a623d08e9174.jpg

Anyways, it was a lot of fun:

214a623d096a215.jpg

214a623d09ce3a9.jpg
80 miles round trip, no problems.....

214a623d0a346c5.jpg

The beach....

214a623d0b67b1d.jpg
Florida ....
214a623d0b0d5be.jpg
214a623d0a9af56.jpg

Looks like a good time. I see Karsten, Tim, and Gene. Who is the third?

Rain on and off all the way north too, need replace that top....got tired of rowing....got all the shit, just no energy....

Mike has a nice house there locally, and a couple nice sharks, the red one looks grand, but the sad paint gray one is going to be NASTY....

get to work Mike....

:quote::bump:

I just got back to the hotel in Miami- 9:30p. It didn't just rain going south out of Cocoa- if you ever filled a 5 gallon bucket with water, then picked it up and poured it out on your head, you kinda' get the effect. Plus a spectacular lightning show. 3 hours up and almost 5 getting back.

Well worth the trip. Thanks guys for meeting up. Makes my days away from home a lot brighter.

Tim

MyBad missed the shot he tried to get- Front side of the Florida shot above. Better luck next time. :crap:

On a side note- Had dinner last night with Kaos-- Killer's new owner. Killer is getting a new clutch, so it's out for bit.

Last edited:
It was a fun meeting at the beach with great conversation, Corvettes! Gene met me at my home first, so we had more time for show and tell. I was impressed with all his mods, ingenuity and creative mechanical applications.

Unfortunately, the torrential rains curtailed our beach meeting, but fun watching the bunnies bounce from beach to shelter. :devil: :rain:
It is good to hear both Tim and Gene made the long haul back without incident. Thanks for the return drive Tim and the great build tips!

Karsten...you live too close to not visit more often and have your pretty blue 79 seen. We need to do this more often guys!:beer:

Sounds like everyone had a good time. I didn't even notice that was Gene's car in green. Going Green on us Gene!

Why does it always rain so bad between Cocoa & West Palm? The last time I was down that way, I thought I was going through a tropical storm!

Last edited:
Sounds like everyone had a good time. I didn't even notice that was Gene's car in green. Going Green on us Gene!

Why does it always rain so bad between Cocoa & West Palm? The last time I was down that way, I thought I was going through a tropical storm!

U thought right, U WERE....I dunno what gives the last two years, but global cooling surely has brought those typical afternoon floods back again, with a vengeance...all the catfish have been assigned canoes.....:beer::shocking::shocking:

lots of welded sea water from the other day, too....:shocking:

MyBad has it figured out too. He's going to raise fish as a side job. He's already got the pond filled.

:chinese:

234a666825f229e.jpg

The paint on your car does look good. Don't kid yourself. I've seen paint that was applied in a big-time downdraft booth and baked that looks nowhere near as good as yours. So slick that if a fly lands on it he'll bust his azz.

:1st:

I guess I must have done something right.... maybe it was a good idea to buy a few books and do my homework... I did not even use the high dollar paint because I shot it in my garage without a booth, light or ventilation... couldn't justify $350 for a gallon of paint.... :skeptic::rain::twitch::quote:

I guess I must have done something right.... maybe it was a good idea to buy a few books and do my homework... I did not even use the high dollar paint because I shot it in my garage without a booth, light or ventilation... couldn't justify $350 for a gallon of paint.... :skeptic::rain::twitch::quote:

Same boat and same results, really, except where I had to respray some runs and drips, the overspray came out all foggy, but I noticed your paint ate into the underlying body work on your seams also, and to the same degree mine did, same splice line on your front end, and rear also....I dunno if you ever went over it or not, but I did, several times, finally just gave up....

:crap:

Same boat and same results, really, except where I had to respray some runs and drips, the overspray came out all foggy, but I noticed your paint ate into the underlying body work on your seams also, and to the same degree mine did, same splice line on your front end, and rear also....I dunno if you ever went over it or not, but I did, several times, finally just gave up....

The seams are showing because I did not feather the transition and did not lay mat across the joints... at the time I did not know any better and I thought the kittyhair stuff would be sufficient... well, it's probably not the last time I painted this car, next time it'll be even better :bump:

The seams are showing because I did not feather the transition and did not lay mat across the joints... at the time I did not know any better and I thought the kittyhair stuff would be sufficient... well, it's probably not the last time I painted this car, next time it'll be even better :bump:

But in order to lay mat across the joints, we have to make a divot for it to lay into, that glass is not so thick we can do any more than one layer of new mat/cloth/roving/whatever....I was told to bevel the joint surfaces at 45* angle and lay the patch in there, and then to fill with epoxy (which turned out to be not good as it shrinks under the paint) or poly resin....thing that really pisses me off, is when first doing my headlight fill in panels, they turned out GREAT, put the paint on and they were smooth as glass, maybe the paint wasn't as totally shiney, but no seams showed, then that clown backed into the driver's side and wiped it all out not a month later....so I go to fix it, and it have never been straight/right since...always those damn divot/lines, wish I would remember WTF I did before that worked, but it's not good now....:surrender::crap: