Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Classifieds > Parts & Cars For Sale

Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)
Default 88-92 f-body serpentine parts for sale

88-92 F-body serpentine brackets and pulleys. Pulled these off my 82 corvette to change to a corvette serpentine system. Comes with both brackets, P/S/P, and all pulleys except for the alternator.

50.00 plus shipping
Old 08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Netherlands | Der Maulwurf

My Photos: (1261)

Hey, I'm interested. All complete? Bolts????

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 08-06-2010, 07:38 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo View Post
Hey, I'm interested. All complete? Bolts????
no doesn't have the original bolts, has a combination of hex headed ones and torx.

I had to keep the a/c compressor and alternator, but has smog pump, power sterring pump, water pump. But I can easily get u all the stuff for a complete setup for extra next weekend.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 AM

I don't even need the pumps. I actually need some bolts. LOL The 82 TA has the alternator side sitting loose, if I put tension on the alt. you can see it pulling towards the front. There must be some bolts missing and possibly the support rod to the manifold too..or maybe the bracket is broken
Old 08-07-2010, 06:51 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
I don't even need the pumps. I actually need some bolts. LOL The 82 TA has the alternator side sitting loose, if I put tension on the alt. you can see it pulling towards the front. There must be some bolts missing and possibly the support rod to the manifold too..or maybe the bracket is broken
shouldn't have been missing any bolts. I have the torx bolts for in that area though. The correct support rods were all in place so it's not that.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:37 PM

The whole bracket moves, I haven't checked it out but either bolts are missing or they're loose
Old 08-07-2010, 11:01 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
The whole bracket moves, I haven't checked it out but either bolts are missing or they're loose
wow !!!!!!!!!!! you have been beating on the poor thing huh? I've never had it do that and from recollection any bolt thats on it is factory. I know for fact when all that stuff was put on everything except on brace was installed but that brace is for the a/c compressor and can't in anyway affect the other side. Tighten the bolts, not sure why they would have come loose all of a sudden. I never had to re-tighten anything that was involved with the serpentine drive.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:30 AM

I haven't driven it for more than 5 miles LOL I took the alternator off because the one in my 88 camaro was squeeling from a bad bearing. That's when I noticed that if you pull the tensioner off and relieve tension it springs back, let the tensioner back on the belt and the whole shebang is pulled out of whack. I'll make a vid ok ?

I'll diagnose the problem next week or so and will let you know where you goofed hahahaha
Old 08-08-2010, 08:12 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
I haven't driven it for more than 5 miles LOL I took the alternator off because the one in my 88 camaro was squeeling from a bad bearing. That's when I noticed that if you pull the tensioner off and relieve tension it springs back, let the tensioner back on the belt and the whole shebang is pulled out of whack. I'll make a vid ok ?

I'll diagnose the problem next week or so and will let you know where you goofed hahahaha
all the stuff for the serp came off a 89 f-body so something had to have cracked or somehow the bolts came loose. Or when you took the alternator off someone else wanted to take the rest hahaha. I can get ya the correct torx bolts if anything is missing .... but I say something cracked, because no way do all 7 bolts come loose.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

I dunno about F body brackets at all, but on my '88+ vette serp drive on my '72, what with having earlier iron heads on it at one point, the brackets have broken on both sides....on the a/c side I got lazy and left a bolt out since no boss on the head, near the intake mani.....it was fine, but then I got disgusted some time later and left off the brace to the exhaust stud from the a/c comp....that did it.....

on alt bracket, I never did figger why it broke.....

my welder buddy fixes them no sweat....so no loss...

neither side has any brackets to the exhaust manifolds at this time....so far so good,....but all bolts are used as L98 heads are on there now....
All products should say "Do not use if your stupid."