C3 rear brake line (junction Tee) adaptor to -3 line.

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I've been looking around, and have been striking out so far. I'm going to be running AN-3 lines to the caliper, but I need to adapt the stock C3 junction block to AN. The junction block uses 7/16-20 thread with the normal flare, but no one (that I know of) makes an adaptor to screw into the junction block that would also have a -3 male on the other end. I talked to Earl's in Indy today, and the tech guy suggested getting a -4 to -3 coupler/reducer, and then cut off the tip of the -4 side (it has the needed 7/16-20 threads), and then drill into it a bit to form a beveled surface to seat into the junction internal flare surface. The concept is simple, and as a last resort I could do that, but I'm curious if anyone has other options to try.

Thanks,
Mike

Save yourself the trouble and get the stock line off the frame, it's a 1/4 line so that's -4 size. Flare it to -4 with flare nut and sleeve and use a -3 T fitting and a 90 degree -3 on the other side and be done with it. If you use the extra long bulkhead fitting style (bulkhead t and bulkhead 90 deg) you can secure it in the stock rbackets for those brass pieces. All you need is a reducer from -4 male to -3 female to hook up the -3 bulkhead T to the stock line.

Check out Day Motorsports at daymotorsports.com as they have what they call 3/16 FM Inv flare x #3 or #4 with brake clip grove part #s BF2933 and BF-2937. They might be what you're looking for.

I had Able autoparts in Richardson TX build up two lines for my rear Wilwood conversion. They had the junction block end in stock and built the lines up to length. Cost $45 for each side but they know what they're doing and have a pressure tester.

I wasn't thinking right last night as the 3/16 fittings won't work for you. Day does have a 7/16-24 to 3AN but it uses a crush seal on the 7/16-24 side instead of flare.

I don't see any advantage to AN fittings, the old flares been working fine for well over 50 years, why bother to change??? this applies to auto work, I know nothing of aircraft....

is it just a appearance thing, blue and red anodized fittings???

I can understand stainless/braided brake lines for being more solid in the pedal feel, but really necessary at 4X the cost???

never did understand this mystifying over some silly lines in this hobby....like stainless lines,....appearance for a mirrored show car...sure, for a car that EVER sees the streets, even a little bit...money waster....

Like the old Pontiac crowd said at the track decades ago....'if it don't go, chrome it' or another twist is 'spend your money, and go slower'......

not trying to be insulting, just I totally fail to understand....

:gurney:

I don't see any advantage to AN fittings, the old flares been working fine for well over 50 years, why bother to change??? this applies to auto work, I know nothing of aircraft....

I can understand stainless/braided brake lines for being more solid in the pedal feel, but really necessary at 4X the cost???

never did understand this mystifying over some silly lines in this hobby....like stainless lines,....appearance for a mirrored show car...sure, for a car that EVER sees the streets, even a little bit...money waster....

Like the old Pontiac crowd said at the track decades ago....'if it don't go, chrome it' or another twist is 'spend your money, and go slower'......

Nothing else fits, Gene. This is a C4 suspension with Wilwood calipers, all attached to a C3 frame. There's nothing off the shelf that will fit.
Others' mileage may vary.

Nothing else fits, Gene. This is a C4 suspension with Wilwood calipers, all attached to a C3 frame. There's nothing off the shelf that will fit.
Others' mileage may vary.

OH SHIT, no wonder you going crazy.....OK, I shut up now...:harhar::shocking: