dynalight rear bracket question

daveL82

dynalite rear bracket question

I have the superlites on the front a really like them a lot. I'm now fitting the narrow dynalites to the rear and will be using a piece of 3/8 flat steel to make the adapter bracket as this seems to center the caliper over the rotor. The bracket will use the stock hub mount holes to locate it and I'll have to drill new holes in the bracket to mount the new calipers.

My questions is would there be enough material in the 3/8 steel to drill and tap for mounting the new calipers or should I drill through holes and tack nuts on the back (7/16x20 fine threads)? Tapping the holes gives me a bit more flexibility in locating the caliper.

Last edited:
Having two projects has really slowed me down on the vette. Trying to rebuild my Triumph motorcycle top end before the spring riding season (valve seals).

Anyway I made good progress this week as the brackets are cut out and the two mounting holes are drilled that attached to the original cast mounts. I'm using one of the cast mounts to mount one of the caliper ears (Had to drill an offset hole in the caliper ear). I

I was hoping to use 3/8 steel for the bracket but had to go back to 1/4 to properly center the caliper. Just need to drill the other caliper mounting hole in the bracket and tack weld a nut on the back side. Not enough material in the 1/4 steel to drill and tap IMO.

Wish I could have used the 3/8 as it would have allowed me to locate the caliper in a more preferred location. When I get a mill at some point I may revisit this.

Will have to remove some metal from my 5 link hub carrier for Wilwood caliper clearance but easy to do.