ZR1 Wheels on C3....

Luster

Compulsively Anal
I've been looking at these wheels from SLP. They are the correct offset and size for our cars, with no modifications. (17x8 - 4" backspacing).

They are pricey indeed, at $999 (Mid-America), but I think they would look great on a C3.

I sure would like to see a picture of these rims on a shark..... Anyone?

fr8495.jpg

There are many other manufacturers who make tt style wheels 9most cheapos are made in china_ check out boss wheels.

ZR1 wheels on a C3... IMO... yuck! :sick:

$1000 sure isn't cheap.... how much are the TTII rims in that size ?

TTII's 17x8 - 4"BS are $284 each ($1136) at TireRack. The only thing I don't like about TTII's is that they are polished. Chrome = low maintenance.

Years ago I had a 'friend' who had a ZR1 with chrome stock wheels on it, and the chrome was supposedly done the 'right' way....all I know is he had nothing but troubles with the chrome peeling off the aluminum casting where the spokes met the rim, and so he had them replated to do it again....there was NO final outcome as he died.....

the car was unfortunately sold for basic scrap almost, considering the work and money he had in it....

:flash:

These seem to be good deal.... just for comparison, $730 shipped and chrome....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-C...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Edit: the Ebay seller states these are 4.5" BS.... and 0 offset....

I personally don't like the ZR1 style on the C3 either... I do like the rim but not on a C3....

TT2s ?? They look great but everybody has them... probably because they look great...LOL

What about Coys C5 rims ??

Last edited:
EH, drive up some day, pick up my '92 vette rims....17x9.5 all you need is some adaptors from VBP 2.5"......

gimme something reasonable....call it a deel on a wheel....:yahoo:

These seem to be good deal.... just for comparison, $730 shipped and chrome....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-C...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I personally don't like the ZR1 style on the C3 either... I do like the rim but not on a C3....

TT2s ?? They look great but everybody has them... probably because they look great...LOL

What about Coys C5 rims ??

Yeah, I saw those eBay wheels. They have a very thick center "hub" which makes the face of wheel very close to the rim, with little or no lip. In other words, I don't like 'em...

Coy's C5's are my favorite. But they are so hard to get! (Lots on eBay, but wrong backspacing.)

I have called them several times and all I get is promises. They NEVER have them in stock. and I don't want to wait 6 months for them to ship them...

I guess if that's what I really want, I'll have to be patient!:yahoo:

I guess if that's what I really want, I'll have to be patient!:yahoo:

If you're not patient you'll end up putting wheels on Ebay and then buy what you wanted in the first place... ask me how I know...LOL

I prefer deep dish wheels also. I like Centerline (I think it's comp 700 or so), the design with the round holes.... I also like the 17" version of the old Ansen Sprint rims (Summit f.e)... but with my flares I need 18x10 or wider..... nothing available in 17" that I can get in 8" wide front and 10" wide rear.... well, maybe TT2s...