Type 2 power steering pump and brackets

MYBAD79

Anyone done this conversion before ?
I think these are the correct parts to convert from the bulky pump to the type2 style setup with remote reservoir:

SUM-340110
Power Steering Bracket, Aluminum, Polished, Upper/Lower, Driver Side, Chevy, Small Block, Kit $89.95
sum-340110_w.jpg

SUM-340202
Power Steering Reservoir, Aluminum, Polished, Universal, Each $80.95
sum-340202.jpg

SUM-G3973
Power Steering Pulley, V-Belt, 1-Groove, Steel, Chrome, .625 in. Bore, Chevy, Each $24.95
sum-g3973.jpg

ZOP-6175
Power Steering Pump, Black, GM Type 2, Remote Reservoir, Each
$119.95
zop-6175_w.jpg

Stop buying all that chrome junk and buy a KRC pump with reservoir and brackets and be done with it :)

polished aluminum, not chrome..... well, except the pulley.... wonder if the old pulley will work ....

so the pump and brackets should fit, right ??

Dunno, never used those. KRC has much nicer pulleys. That little pump is a saginaw pump, sweet sells the same pump in alu. KRC is a completely different pump, their own design. So, if you want light, get the sweet pump.

you can't see much of the pulley anyways, if my old pulley fits the new pump I'll spraybomb it flat black and re-use it. The main reason for this swap is the alternator bracket that's sitting right above the reservoir cap of the 'old style' saginaw pump. An external (remote) reservoir would solve that issue...right now I can't get the PS cap off the reservoir without removing the alternator bracket first...:banghead:
I guess while I am going to install the rack and pinion setup I might as well get a new fresh pump......:toothbrush: