Parts collectors — Craigslist Ad Liqiudation sale

rtj

Throw this here as it probably won't last too long. If you collect parts, this might be of interest.

"Corvette Parts Liquidation - Corvette Barn Closing

After 45 years the Corvette Barn Repair Shop in Syracuse NY is closing.

Extensive inventory of parts (C2 and newer) are being sold at well below market value. Photos are only a partial representation of total stock. Any questions or to view items please e-mail or cal"

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/d/corvette-parts-liquidation/6542903233.html

I wonder if the guy is retiring or the Corvette parts business tanked?

Hmmm, you have a point. Illness may be another reason for the liquidation. Seems they want to get out fast.

Too far from me, or I'd go check it out.

I think there is money in buying and selling, Vette parts aren't getting cheaper.

Last edited:

I can tell you from recent experience trying to sell 40yr old parts to guys who want everything for nothing and then expect it to be absolutely perfect gets tough to deal with after a while.

I can tell you from recent experience trying to sell 40yr old parts to guys who want everything for nothing and then expect it to be absolutely perfect gets tough to deal with after a while.

I can imagine. When I left Orlando I gave away a bunch of old take-off parts rather than mess around selling them or storing them.

Other than crash/accident damage, the trick IS, like happened to an old friend into a '35 Ford rumble seat convertible.....Ford V8 club winner......when time to sell the car he only got about 2 grand more than he paid for it.....lost money....why?? all the guys that wanted one new, were out of the market...dead.....I was telling him to make a T bucket out of it.....and clean up another 30 grand when he could have sold it.....made money in other words....

same with our vettes......so watch it guys......:suicide: