C6 widebody conversion and clutch upgrade

MYBAD79

OK, finally the car runs again..... had to replace the clutch so I got the LS7 upgrade and also installed the MGW shifter (huge improvement) .... harmonic balancer was wobbling so replaced that too.... while I was at it I did the widebody conversion and repainted the car black, added C7 wheels in 19 and 20". The 335-25-20 tires fit the rear perfectly fine :smash:

Now it needs a good wash, it's a little dusty after sitting in the shop for a while. Then the new interior and radio goes in.

thum_215fb7c761a491a.jpg

thum_215fb7c761bae82.jpg
thum_215fb7c76202830.jpg

How difficult is the body work swap, better or worse than you expected? Panel cost with bumper under $2000? Just guessing based on aci prices.

Looks good.

How difficult is the body work swap, better or worse than you expected? Panel cost with bumper under $2000? Just guessing based on aci prices.

Looks good.

nope.... the complete kit with 4 fenders, front bumper, all inner liners and ducts was $4000 shipped... all OEM panels, no fiberglass... wheels/tires were another $2800... now it's Ramen noodles for a while

Sounds like you got the best parts. I was curious about who's parts you used. Looks great.

Locally there is a guy parting out a C6 GS and keeping the suspension and drivetrain, but I've got too many unfinished projects already:)

Last edited:
C6 Door Panel

Karsten,
On a C6, what is the LED at the top of the door panel (where the lock knob used to be on old cars). What does it indicate?