Posi 81 and 63?

Although they are both DANA vette posi's the only thing in common is they're both junk.

If you have a real 63 diff and it's a posi then it was a DANA, many of them have long been upgraded to an Eaton, preferably a 69-79 Eaton or custom built one.

Although they are both DANA vette posi's the only thing in common is they're both junk.

If you have a real 63 diff and it's a posi then it was a DANA, many of them have long been upgraded to an Eaton, preferably a 69-79 Eaton or custom built one.

The 63 is stock and the toms posi clutch pack I had bought for my 1980 and never used them.

Actually I am not sure the 63 diff has posi?

The clutches are different for 63-79 & 80-82.

The best thing to do is open up the 63 to see what you have or if it's even a real 63 diff. fast way to tell either check the casting number or 63-early 65 housings had the front bracket holes tapped, only the rear hole used a long bolt and slotted nut. Then in mid 65 they changed to 2 thru holes and nuts.

The clutches are different for 63-79 & 80-82.

The best thing to do is open up the 63 to see what you have or if it's even a real 63 diff. fast way to tell either check the casting number or 63-early 65 housings had the front bracket holes tapped, only the rear hole used a long bolt and slotted nut. Then in mid 65 they changed to 2 thru holes and nuts.
This new C2 will be a long project so I will have to check to see exactly what I have,thanks:hi:

That sure is. You can see the long springs I the posi, the wider bearing caps, and the front hole appears to be tapped for the bracket. They were narrower housings then the 67-79's and can be rebuilt using the better Eaton posi and gears. The pinions were weak as well and many snapped in half. I have built a lot of 63-64's but they all need new internals and pinion yokes.