2000 Mustang IRS vs C3 IRS

Ozzy

Is the 8.8 irs setup superior to the C3 irs in any or all aspects of performance and handling.

I am not asking about using just the center section.
I am wondering about use of the complete suspension components.

Anyone?

Is the 8.8 irs setup superior to the C3 irs in any or all aspects of performance and handling.

Anyone?

Yes, it's far superior to the C3 susp. It's a double a arm and the center section is pretty stour. It's a neat package that drops out as a whole.

It's a pretty compact package. Would probably take a lot of chassis rework but you never know.

44b79e317b184e.jpg

Anyone?

Yes, it's far superior to the C3 susp. It's a double a arm and the center section is pretty stour. It's a neat package that drops out as a whole.

Then is it safe to assume that I would not be wasting my time to put one in my 1980 wide body project.

The actual fab work is not a problem as I and a few friends have built a LSR chassis ( the original Danny Boy), numerous dragster and door slammer chassis's and latemodel s/s roundy pounder chassis's as well as street rod chassis's.

Pic is of Danny Boy 2, which I did not work on. Wish I could find some old pics of DB1 from the early 80's.
Ed Tradeup owns the car and is an apple farmer from Brewster Wa.
If you are buying some apples, look on the packing box, if it says Danny Boy - buy some and help support Ed!

Danny%20boy.jpg