c4 irs in a 37 Plymouth pick up

ball48pu

Hi there I am new here and need some help installing the IRS i have not been able to find any information on the center line specs for mounting the dog bones can anyone please help?
Thank you it would be appreciatedball48pu

The dog bone links are supposed to intersect the center of gravity of the car. You will have to make an educated guess as to where that is on your truck. Her is a diagram of the C$:

448c9acb7aed90.jpg

thank you for the info I have never installed a independent suspension before

Greetings and Welcome aboard. You'll find a heap of help here!

For IRS specific (and some C4/5 mods) try this one too:
http://irsforum.boardhost.com/index.php

I've been over there quite a bit with my IRS work, C5 onto a C3. There is some good info on parts, software etc. Its been a little slow the last year or so, but good data.

Cheers - Jim

I agree with BBshark in that you'll have to make an educated guess where the c/g is. I've got a '93 rear suspension under my '51 Chevy pickup. Because it's a street rod and not my track car I was a bit more casual about getting the c/g location absolutely correct. I just set the truck at the ride height that I wanted, and then fabricated some frame brackets so that the trailing arms would have a slight incline (like in the picture) for some amount of anti-squat at that ride height.